Meet Jupiter.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Diva Chins

A few of you know for the last week or so I've been babbling non-stop about a rescue I was due to take in. Me and the girl had been hammering out details for probably about two weeks when she finally says "Look, I can't keep him anymore. He has to be gone by Saturday or he's going to the animal shelter" So, low and behold, guess where I went today ;) The end result: Jupiter in quarantine <3 Here's a few pics I snapped.

rwos61.jpg

ofr2tv.jpg

15ogpjm.jpg

She gave me all of his 'stuff' which most was crap. Nasty treats, Kaytee Fiesta food, etc. I don't think he's ever had a hair ring check which I plan to do after he settles in a bit...
Well, this is Jupiter everyone, he's 5 years old, I can feel every bone, and he's got fur problems. But, I'm sure he'll be beautiful and fat in no time.

He doesn't look terribly small, but then again pics ALWAYS add weight LOL. Good for you...and better for Juniper :)

He doesn't look terribly small, but then again pics ALWAYS add weight LOL. Good for you...and better for Juniper :)

I put a few tablespoons of PANR in his bowl and he hasn't stopped chowing down since I shut the door. Makes me wonder...
But, thank you very much, I'm sure we'l be good in no time. Looks like after quarantine is up I'll need another FN cage though, teehees.

Congrats on Jupiter! Now he will get the proper care that he deserves and will be even more handsome in the months to come! The spot on his back, is that new hair growth?

Congrats on Jupiter! Now he will get the proper care that he deserves and will be even more handsome in the months to come! The spot on his back, is that new hair growth?

It looks like it, but it might be where he just didn't chew it fully and only chewed the tips off, who knows. Right now he's asleep in a hammock I put in his cage (I thought he was going to pee himself when he first got in it and saw what it was) and he's sleeping away. I'm very proud that he's acting so well, he seems very happy right now, content really.

I think Jupiter probably realizes that he has a much better home now and will become very content. I'm sure you're going to spoil him like crazy and I'm sure he isn't used to such treatment. I'm so happy he gets a better life now!

You will have him perfect in no time!! You're a great chin mom !!!

Awe, I bet he is so happy! Great job saving him, he looks very sweet.

Awe, I bet he is so happy! Great job saving him, he looks very sweet.

Oh he's definitely happy. Timothy hay, PANR, a hammock, blue sparkle dust bath, he's psyched. He's taking a dust bath now, happy as can be. I'm happy I got him, but I think you deserve the real kudos for taking in 30 =P

I'm sure he'll be as good as new in no time with some TLC. Jupiter is such a cool name. Glad you've got him now.

Well I just did his first ever hair ring check. He did VERY VERY well! Didn't wiggle or anything so I gave him a piece of rosehip. No hair rings!

Back