Maybe he is going to be a big one?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jags

I ran across a standard male out of a new herd improvement line last night. As I was feeding I noticed what looked like a possible upcoming show animal. I pulled him out and looked him over thinking a little more growth and with a little more priming he would make a nice show animal. After weighing him in at 570 grams I put him back in his cage and then looked over his card to see who he was out of only to discover he was only 3 months old! Looks like that pair is going to be a great match up.

Not decided on the NC show yet as with out some sales to cover the cost of a 500-600 dollar weekend and being unemployed at the moment makes it hard to afford to travel that far right now. Still hoping for some sales down there so I can make the show. I am thinking he will be staying here as he is out of some new lines and I can use him as an out cross to most of what I have right now. I will see what I can do to post a pic.

Yay, pictures! :)

I love it when I have a chin that just stands out from all the others like that at a young age. One is named muncher...he was over 500 grams at 10 to 12 weeks of age. He's just nice and round, have to keep him. :) Not to mention that he's out of ONE of those pairs that I painstakingly considered...had to match up the strengths and see what happened. :) The only problem with Muncher is that he likes to bite all over my hand in little annoying chinnie nibbles every time I go to touch him. He's been like that since he was a few weeks old.

Congrats on the big boy. I've got a "big one" over here also. She just turned 14 weeks old and weighs 590 grams. She is a beige out of a beige and standard. She was also from triplets. Her sister is about 400 something grams but this one just keeps putting on the weight. If only her veiling would come in better. Her sister looks nicer in that aspect.

Back