Makeup?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pricklesnquills

Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I'm not really the type to wear lots of makeup, I prefer the more natural look. I want to find something that is good for my skin(or at least better for it), that enhances and highlights me face rather than painting a porcelain face on me, lol.

Anyhow, I was curious if anyone had and favorite makeup brands? Or anyone have any advice on what I should try?

I have used just random stuff that I've bought from a CVS-type-store before, never really looked for particular brands. So any advice would be welcome.

Thanks everyone!:)

I use bareMinerals. I like the natural look and it does so well on my face. I've had problems over the years with breakouts just from makeup. I still breakout when I don't wear makeup, but the makeup isn't causing my problems because I rarely wear it. I used to wear Mary Kay, but my skin just felt like it was soaking in oil, even with the foundation for oily skin. The thing I like about bareMinerals is that it doesn't take very much to make your face look even. I use their blemish therapy powder to go over blemishes, then use the concealer (which is also a great eye shadow) and then the 2 layers powder foundation followed by warmth which is for cheeks and then a top finishing layer to even everything out. It has a weird smell to the makeup, but it's worth it. As for eye shadows, eye liners and such, I usually buy department store brands or Mary Kay. I have a tackle box full of makeup that I buy at yard sales and flea markets that people have never used also, and it works just as good as any of the department store makeups.

Oh, and I purchase my bareMinerals off of eBay - its much much cheaper... just make sure you know you're getting the correct brand.

I use Clinque's workout makeup. Its very light and not oily at all. I like the natural look and I'm very active so this works well since its "sweat proof". lol

I like L'Oreal's True Match, found anywhere - Walmart etc. There is usually a display of color swatches that you can match to your hand, so takes some of the guesswork out of the problem. And it's lightweight - not goopy at all, but seems to stay on fairly well.

For foundation I use Everyday Minerals foundation (http://www.everydayminerals.com). It's the best foundation I've ever used. Even though it's a powder it doesn't settle into my wrinkles or come off over the course of the day. And it helps keep my face from getting shiny.

For mascara, eye shadow, etc., I usually stick with Maybelline. Great Lash is still the best mascara I've ever used.

I appreciate this thread, thanks for starting it. I've been on the verge of going out to buy more makeup for over 6 months. I've had the same container of that mousse foundation for at least 3 years - it is now almost empty. I probably only wear makeup 2-3 times a month now.

All of the Bare Minerals and Bare Escentuals types are amazing. They are all natural and really good for wanting that natural look. I don't wear make-up too often but when I do, I love that type. If I want more coverage/smoothness, I just do the Cover Girl Tru Blend with the mineral powder on top.

I love Bare Minerals too, but last year I decided to try another brand that was selling on Ebay--Monarch Minerals. The foundation is really pretty good, they have blushes but the blushes are very light colors, so I don't know that I would order them again. But I've used both the Bare Minerals foundation and the Monarch foundation, and like them equally well. The Monarch minerals is a lot less expensive, though. I use my good Bare Escentuals brushes with it.

If you have a Bare Escentuals boutique near you, you can go in and request that they do your makeup so you can try it. It is a great way to know what shade to buy. Or, if you have a Sephora nearby, I think they do it also.

I like the Makeup Forever line. I use the HD Primer in Invisible/Clear, the Mat Velvet Oil-Free Foundation to even out my skin tone, and the HD Translucent Powder to set everything and make it so it looks like I'm not wearing makeup at all. My skin looks real, but it also looks even and clear.

I also use a bit of BeneFit eyeliner and some cheap black mascara to highlight my eyes.

Yup, I love I.D. BareMinerals. I just the foundation powder everyday and never get breakouts from it. I love, love, love the eyeshadow colors. :D

I never got the hang of the whole foundation thing. I usually just do eye makeup. I can't remember the name, but it's the one that the colors are designed to play up your specific eye color. I rarely wear makeup though. But I have heard great things about the Mineral type makeups. Mom and all her friends swear by them.

Oh yeah, and if you are looking for bargains, CostCo has their line of makeup too. They have mineral foundation, blush, eyeshadow, etc. :)

I use this & I have really sensitive break out prone skin & it works really well for me. I buy a powder cover up a little bit lighter than my skin tone & use a bronzer over that.

You can get it at most walmarts or CVS's or whatever. Not too pricey, but not cheap either!

Bare Minerals made my face itch like crazy. Ugh. I have now switched to Everyday Minerals. They are AWESOME and about half the price of Bare Minerals. If you go to their website everydayminerals.com you can get a free sample pack and only have to pay for shipping. They give you a large amount (at least enough for a weeks worth of makeup) and it will give you a good idea if this is something you want to try. I would never, ever give it up.

There is also CMH essentials that is really cheap, and just like bareminerals. I do like my bareminerals brushes though. For CVS brands, I like the color match as well, it does always seem to match well and feels very light.

I use clinique for my skincare & MAC cosmetics for my makeup. They have a lot of fun colors. I don't use foundation though, so no suggestions there, but lots of friends use different "minerals" lines and love it.

Michelle

I LOVE make up, though I haven't been wearing much of it lately. But if I get in the mood to do my make up, I use Physicians Formula Mineral wear for my foundation and LOVE LOVE LOVE it and I also use Baked Collection wet/dry eyeshadow. The foundation looks awesome on my skin and I never had a break out from it (and my skin is VERY sensitive to most foundations). Its not too pricey and can be bought at your local walmart. The eyeshadow is really great too. You can either wear it dry which will give you a more softer appearance or lightly wet the brush and put it on wet which will last longer and give a more dramatic appearance. Other than that I use regular black eyeliner from the dollar store and I also use the new Stilleto Mascara which works great. When I have extra money, I love to experiment with new mascaras since I'm very picky with them.

Thanks for allll the help. I have been wondering about the 'bare minerals' type makeup. I was wondering if it was as good as they make it sound. But, sounds like it is =) I think I will try something like that out. So it sounds like they also have eyeshadow? Like earthy tones?

Also, would they have these mineral makeups at a beauty store? I know someone who is able to get really great deals at a local beauty store and she says she can always help us out. If they would have it, I may ask her about getting it for me.

The other suggestions are great too. I will look into those as well. =)

Thanks everyone!(more suggestions always welcome!)

My aunt loves and swears by BareMinerals, but I haven't tried it.

My mom and I use Estee Lauder. They have great "gifts". They have a mineral powder which I use now which is awesome. I don't use drug store brands because they don't have enough pigment in them, so you have to use a lot, where as with the more expensive brand sthey have more pigment in them so you may actually end up saving money.

Latest posts

Back