Love these dust baths!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seachin

So I am in love with these dust baths. I found them at TJ Maxx discount store and they're supposed to be iced drink dispensers. Comes with a metal stand....but the best thing is theyre the perfect size and they are flat- sided so they dont roll around!
NakedEggLab2009016.jpg

Aw that's a cute picture of them in the dust baths next to each other!

Does the dust get out of the front? I had some large pickle jars like those that I made a stand for, but I didn't like how the dust can fall out of the front.

Now I use these and the dust stays in really well
IMG_0408.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, I've tried those but my chins seemed to not like that they were narrow. They fling around much more with these baths....a little dust comes out the front, but I am okay with that. Then they just roll around on the floor too, which is super cute.

Love the look on their faces! They all seem to have that same look of contentment.
Walmart sells those huge pickle jars with the pickles for under $7. To help cut down on dust flying everywhere I cut a circle of fleece for the hole on top of the jar, enough for about 3-4 inches extra around the hole outside, cut a X or a slit in the center just big enough for chinny to squeeze in, center it on top the hole. Then cut a 1 inch strip of fleece long enough to go around the jar plus some extra, pull it tight and tie a double knot. Trim any excess, but not so much that the fleece slips out from under the tie. It really helps with airborn dust and it catches the excess that lays on top their coat as they exit the bath, thats why you want the hole just the right size. They also love this on some of their tubes and hidey houses. If I'm not clear just tell me.

Last edited:
They are mirror images of each other! Right down to the slight tilt of the head! Super cute!

Great idea on the dustbaths, but I LOVE the pic itself. They are so cute!!

Love the look on their faces! They all seem to have that same look of contentment.
Walmart sells those huge pickle jars with the pickles for under $7. To help cut down on dust flying everywhere I cut a circle of fleece for the hole on top of the jar, enough for about 3-4 inches extra around the hole outside, cut a X or a slit in the center just big enough for chinny to squeeze in, center it on top the hole. Then cut a 1 inch strip of fleece long enough to go around the jar plus some extra, pull it tight and tie a double knot. Trim any excess, but not so much that the fleece slips out from under the tie. It really helps with airborn dust and it catches the excess that lays on top their coat as they exit the bath, thats why you want the hole just the right size. They also love this on some of their tubes and hidey houses. If I'm not clear just tell me.

Seachin: GREAT photo!!!

Addicted: What a GREAT IDEA!!! I'm off to buy some fleece!!! :thumbsup:

Very cool!!

...and of course there is one little poop in the middle ! LOL

Those are really neat. I'm actually going to have to keep an eye out for them or something similar. I need some extra dust bath houses and those look great.

Back