Lots of Chinchilla Misinformation on Expert Village

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't just post your comments. Don't forget to also rate it by using the "thumbs down" button. The majority of her videos still have "thumbs up" on them. We need to change most if not all of them to thumbs down!

I voted Thumbs Down on all of them. Hopefully that'll help.

I'm giving them all thumbs down as well... it's just plain scary how much bad info is out there...

Looks like there are plenty of thumbs down, not so many thumbs up. Wonder if "Expert Village" will pay attention?

It says she's cared for and adopted out 17 chinchillas over the last 5 years, but on her success story page I only see 3. Even her voice and wardrobe is starting to annoy me.

I know not all people are natural speakers, but even with her cue cards/notes, she seems so unsure and somewhat lost. I would think after however many years of experience with chins someone should be able to talk fairly freely and confidently about the topic. Just my 2cents...

The amount of misinformation is alarming ,but the fact that she really believes she is an expert is quite comical. I wish I only had 17 rescues in 5 years, geez, I had that in two months!! And after breeding chins for years and owning them even longer I am no expert by any means! The ego she has is amazing!

What's more alarming is that OTHER people will think she's an expert and follow the crap she's throwing out there. All these comments about "I've talked with breeders" etc. WHAT breeders? I can guarantee there isn't a single reputable breeder in the US that would tell you putting two ebonies together guarantees the genetic defect of malocclusion.

I looked at a few of the videos. Her demeanor makes her seem credible. For someone who doesn't know any better, she would seem like she knows what she's talking about. It's terrible that they haven't done enough research to qualify them for making those videos.

What's more alarming is that OTHER people will think she's an expert and follow the crap she's throwing out there. All these comments about "I've talked with breeders" etc. WHAT breeders? I can guarantee there isn't a single reputable breeder in the US that would tell you putting two ebonies together guarantees the genetic defect of malocclusion.

Right On!!

On her "All About Breeding Video" she has pictures of Meadowbrook kits off their website which explicitly states "No text or images may be downloaded or reproduced without the express written permission of Meadowbrook Chinchillas."

Has anyone tried to contact expert village directly? They give an email address for contacting them if you see mistakes on their site. I would guess they would like to know that someone stole images from others' websites too.

[email protected]

I'm pretty sure several members have contacted them directly - anyone heard anything back yet?

No, but I imagine a lawyers E-mail might shake them up! Chantel - what do you think?
Maybe Meadowbrook Chinchillas should start with notification!
They should definatly be stopped!

Guess we should start rating these as well... :skeptical:

Oh for pete sake - what is wrong with the people on these sites? Do you have to hit them in the head with a hammer to let them know how bad the video information is?

Haahaha she is also apparently a hairstyle expert, she has a bunch of videos of how to style and even how to wash your hair. Dumb!

Back