Los Gatos Death Wave

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

HaleyGoBoom

What's happening in our peaceful little town of Los Gatos?

I graduated last year, when Tyler Barclay died in a car accident, that was hard. Every year a kid dies, they call it the curse, one kid per year.

So about 3 months ago, an old friend who was a senior passed away suddenly when he collapsed at school then later died at the hospital from unseen heart problems.

Then last week Dennis (senior) disappeared off the Santa Cruz coast, they had been drinking and decided to take a swim at 4 am :/

Then last night, a girl named Jill (freshman) commits suicide after an argument with her parents.

Poor highschool, can't get a break. 3 kids in 3 months, 2 in the same week! My heart goes out to them and my past teachers. Sad sad sad. These are children, they shouldn't be going through this. :cry3:

My sister came home with the news about Jill, they were in the same year. The curse used to be every four years (one kid in every four grade levels), going back to that kid in the Suburban (I can't remember his name, Eric something). This year has been absolutely horrible. A kid at Fisher committed suicide towards the beginning of the year, too. Not to mention the school secretary. Jill just seems so young. I would never believe that we were basically her age when my friend did the exact same thing. In my mind, we were so much older than they are now. It's horrible. And Mikey was just a shock, though I hadn't really talked to him since middle school. As he was your friend, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Patterson High (where I went to school) was and still is like that... gang fights

I think that is exactly what is so shocking about all the deaths here lately. Los Gatos is one of the quietest, safest (most boring) towns in the nation. It is so quiet that we are actually The Town of Los Gatos, not the city.

Last edited:
Patterson High (where I went to school) was and still is like that. Car accidents, gang fights, freak telephone poles electrocuting people, drowning in spas, the list goes on. I am truely sorry to hear about your losses though. I know how hard it is to go through that.

I know who you're talking about, Eric. My senior year there was one suicide of a sophomore in the summer, Nate Mylannec died over summer in a car crash, then during school poor Tyler B. I've always heard about Eric and Bryce Burns (they occurred right before I moved here), but I didn't realize how often it happens out here. I know a lot of kids die from car crashes, and the teens of LG don't have the best rep for a clean act as far as drugs and alcohol, but poor Mikey just collapsed, Dennis (although he had been drinking) was lost at sea, and now another suicide? It seems so bizarre. I did hear about the Fischer suicide, didn't they find his body by the creek? I haven't heard much about Jill, just that she had committed suicide, not why or how. I hope the kids there are doing better though and that they are careful.

Drowning in spas? That is a strange one, drinking involved possibly? Car accidents are common in teens and its sad but a lot of deaths have been occurring in seemingly healthy people around here strangely, even the adults.

My sister is a teacher at Benicia Middle School and she also said 1 kid a year dies what a coincidence. It's a tragic that kids die so young.

Eric and Bryce Burns

Byrd not Burns. I remember being deeply disturbed when the school put the Suburban Eric (Passada, that was his last name, I just remembered) died in on the front lawn. Being just a 5th or 6th grader at the time, walking past it and thinking about how someone people knew died in there was kind of distressing.

I'm not really sure whether I'm happy or sad that my friend always manages to get left of the list of people who died while at LGHS. On the one hand, aside from a few of us, no one else even acted as if he existed, and it got pretty annoying the weeks following his death having people constantly act like they were his best friends. On the other hand, he did attend the school, just like those other kids.

Yeah its always weird when a friend dies and at school the people you knew didnt know them are wearing tshirts with their pictures and crying. I know its distressing for the community as a whole but its a strange feeling

and they still put that suburban on the lawn when they do the program every 15 Seconds(I think its called)

Yeah its always weird when a friend dies and at school the people you knew didnt know them are wearing tshirts with their pictures and crying. I know its distressing for the community as a whole but its a strange feeling

I've never understood shirts. They are so public it is almost like the people are advertising the fact that they knew a kid who died. It felt to me like people were almost making a symbol out of Mikey because he was on the football team, and that bothered me.

and they still put that suburban on the lawn when they do the program every 15 Seconds(I think its called)

The same one? I don't know what that program is, but I've never seen it back on the lawn.

They do it every four years I think, I'm not sure. I saw it the year I graduated in a giant glass display.

It's really not all that uncommon for a highschool to lose at least one student a year. We lost at least one student every yeah at my highschool, and my senior year we lost three (two seniors, one junior). It's sad, yeah, but sadly a common occurance as teens feel they're invinsible. Of the deaths that happened in my school, 3 of them were non-drug/alcohol related. One girl was goofing off in her car, couldn't get back into her lane fast enough and swerved to avoid an oncoming car and ended up in a tree, one boy was screwing off on his 4wheeler at night and a car hit him, and the other kid was pulling out of the bowling alley when a guy came flying up over the hill at 90 without lights and hit him.

Wow, a lot of this is really sad. It is really horrible that kids die so young. In my high school, I don't remember anyone passing away, while I attended. I only heard about the stabbing that happend many years ago and thats about it. BUT after I was out of school a few people I knew from school ended up dieing. 1 was coming home from the mall and had a stop light... then she was suddenly hit by a car. The car that hit her was in the process of a police car chase. One which happened last year was one of my close friends from school. We did lose touch over the years but when he died, it was just horrible. He was coming home from work and was only 30 or so seconds from his house when he fell asleep at the wheel. He hit 3 trees before his car stopped and he was pronounced dead at the scene. His funeral was amazing as it looked like everyone from our graduating class was there. That kid was a great person and everyone loved him.

Other than that, there has been A LOT of deaths in the High School (of people that attend) after I graduated. Most of them are car accidents.

yeah my boyfriends dad has had a LOT of friends dying these last two years, the most recent was Bob, he was a health nut, in great shape, happiest man then one day his wife found him in the backyard, had a heart attack while mowing the lawn. I don't know if its just a part of getting older that you see more death, but lately it just seems so frequent.

While I was in highschool, we had quite a few deaths as well.

The NIGHT of Graduation, at the end of my freshman year, The senior prom queen, king, and a friend were driving to a graduation party late that night. They were driving too fact, and hit a guard rail. Their seat-belts snapped, and the prom queen was ejected from the vehicle and died. Her younger brother was in my class. He was at the school the next day, which was supposed to be our last day of school (no classes, just visiting and having fun) and I have never seen someone in such a state of...confusion. I felt so horrible for him.

Then the next summer a senior had a seizure while swimming and drowned.

Then right before junior year began, two of my classmates were apparently at a party, hosted by one of the boys' mother who also supplied the alcohol, and one of them stole the mother's vehicle, and they both went for a joy ride, and flipped it. Both died.

Stupidly enough, a year later, the mother was caught supplying alcohol at yet another underage party. Stupidity at it's finest.

And about a year ago, a graduated student (only a year out of highschool I think) was drinking, tried to ramp his truck over a bon fire, landed it in a lake upside down. Also killed him.

I always wonder what possesses kids to drink like that. I'm 18, almost 19, and have absolutely no desire to drink nor smoke. It completely baffles me.

I don't smoke or drink either, we have a local mom that's been arrested three times for supplying to minors.

Latest posts

Back