Look at this cage company!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've looked at them before, but I wouldn't buy from them b/c of their advertising. The thing they called a chinchilla cage when I was shopping for one was more like a microwave cart on wheels with wire ramps and shelves. There was no room for additional levels to be added, no expansion kit, and more storage space than living space for the animal. However, some of their parrot housing could work, and since I don't see their joke of a "chinchilla cage" on the site, I hope someone set them straight about it since I emailed a couple years ago.

And for that matter, building it yourself can be *WAAAAAY* cheaper than they're selling for + shipping. A melamine cage with the same dimensions would probably run around $300 instead of $900 for the basic package that you linked to.

Last edited:
I have viewed that website before. I think they could easily be changed around a bit and be safe for chinnies. My issue is price...... Have you looked at the prices?!

I'd rather have a Ferret Nation any day. I wouldn't even put my ferrets in one of those cages. I'm not a huge fan of wood when it comes to animals unless it's shelves where they're easy to just toss and remake.

Has anyone ever seen one in person? I got to see one while we were at the Michigan State University Veterinary Oncology ward. These cages are really gorgeous and the one the Oncology department has is pretty big. You can see an image of it off in the distance here (its the one in the upper right image): http://cvm.msu.edu/hospital/special-facilities/animal-cancer-care-clinic/accc_collage.jpg

The space it took up you could sit 4 chairs side by side. And it looked like it was very easy to clean. I admired it while we were waiting to see the oncologist.

The Cleveland and Columbus Zoos use them, and they're great enclosures... for some animals. If I were housing a green tree python or a parrot of some sort, they'd be on my list of choices. But for a chin or anything else I plan to keep between now and when I can afford my own table saw to make my own, I just can't see spending that much.

This is a local company (for me), I actually know a girl who works for them. From what she was saying, they deal mostly with very high-end custom cages (ie movie stars and professional athlete types), so their pre-built stuff is probably just a side-note to their main business. They send this girl and other employees all over the country to assemble cages in their customers' homes.

Back