"Little" One Ear

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
This is a boy I ordered from Jags and picked up in Jan. I was cleaning cages and he was in the hole with a female so I pulled him out to look him over and had the camera handy so I took some pics!

oneear.jpg

Does this body make me look fat?

oneear3.jpg

I'm not fat I just uhm... had an extra serving...

oneear2.jpg

Looks like he filled out real nice! A half brother of his was Color Section Champion in the standard class of the WI show a couple weeks ago.

He turned out real nice. I think one of his girls is pregnant, so I'm excited about that.

I'm just always amazed at his roundness... I thought he'd lose some in breeding but I really think he gained instead. I know his earless-ness probably makes him look rounder, but he is ROUND!

Last edited:
Sorry noob question here...but what happened to his ear? Was he born this way?

He is absolutely adorable!

LOL, I've always called him One Ear ( or orginal I know, lol ) I never thought about calling him Van Goh, My daughter will love that, lol.

He lost his ears when he was a baby, during birth I believe Randy told me. I don't mind, he's very sweet, I had to keep pushing him away for the pictures. I know sometimes it just happens.

I like the front view because his rolls don't look all even, lol. He's a very clean boy, I just dusted before the picture, but he's been in the run for a couple months now and I just rough combed him so he's pretty keen on keeping up his image it appears, lol.

When I had him out I didn't weigh him because I couldn't find the scale, lol, and I usually don't unless I'm really curious. Still trying to find things after the addition and stuff, but he's very solid... I'm going to say at least 900 as a guesstimate.

Back