Little BJ

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittney

So today, I finally took advantage of my "One free dog" offer at the humane society. He is a Doxie/Rottweiler mix. 6 weeks old. I can't wait to see his outcome.

So, meet Bono-Jackson (My stepdad's favorite singer, and my mom's favorite place in NOLA) AKA BJ
:)

28755_1190451766722_1391190918_30863573_3520703_n.jpg

28755_1190451806723_1391190918_30863574_2574046_n.jpg

28755_1190451846724_1391190918_30863575_1966361_n.jpg

28755_1190451886725_1391190918_30863576_6454981_n.jpg

Aww he's adorable, I love puppies! (except house training them!)

It will be interesting to see how big he gets. Sometimes you gotta wonder how the parents made puppies!

Meet BJ

Aaaaaawwwww, such a sweet baby!! Kiss him on the nose for me (then you can bring him to my house)!!

Last edited:
Quick question. I currently have 2 dogs other than Mr. Jackson (What we have decided to call him). Nola and Bailey are still a little unsure of him. Nola is 2 and just wants to play, but she is unaware of her size or his for the matter and just scares him. Bailey is my 16 year old Doxie. He won't take his eyes off of Jackson and will try to snap at him. I'm not sure if he's telling Jackson he's in control or what, but It's making me sad.

Any way to get the dogs used to him, and vice versa. My dogs make him look like an ant!

I don't know for sure, but time is probably going to be the biggest factor in them getting along. When I introduce new animals, I give attention to the new guy, while showing a lot of love to the other animals, so they don't see the new guy as a threat or any more important than they are. I try to minimize any jealousy. I wouldn't trust them alone together for a bit until you are sure that they will get a along.

Definitely...I wouldn't trust them alone with that little puppy pie right now. They'll work it out over time as Mr. Jackson grows and isn't so timid. Six weeks is so young!

Although, I do have to admit that the last puppy we got I just put in with the other dogs... She was eight weeks old and they were in awe of her. They all loved her and immediately accepted her. I have little dogs, so there wasn't so much to be worried about at the time. Nola is a big girl...she could hurt the pup and not really mean to just by playing with him.

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to leave them alone any time soon. Right now he has to sleep in a crate and he isn't having any of it. He is attached to me. I would let him sleep in bed with me, but I want to keep that prime Bailey territory.

Awww Brittney with that sweet face you know it's a careful eye and not a I'm going to eat you eye lol!

Yep. Doxie is Dachshund. And nope, mom was a dachshund. She was brought in and had puppies. The person who brought her in said that he saw her "tied"together with a rottweiler.

My doxie, Bailey, looks like Jackson's mom. Let's just say Jackson tried to nurse off of him and Bailey wants none of it. hehe :D

Really, a rottie and a doxie??????? Holy, what are the physics of that? Was it the smallest rottie in the world? How many babies were there? Poor mama.

I'm not for sure he's rottie doxie anymore. The people that brought mama in said he saw mama tied up with a rottie, but mama could have been tied up with multiple dogs. So who knows.

He’s looking more like a chiweenie more and more though. He's got the scrawny legs and long body but the chihuahua face, ear and tail. He is also only weighing in around 3 pounds as of this morning, so we'll see.

There were 7 puppies.

Back