Ledge question.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Stakie

Okay, so I was looking at ledges and it just stumps me to what is holding them up. I can't see what's on most of them.

So could someone explain it to me?

Nut and bolt? Any pictures?

I am curious and it is driving me nuts.

It's a thing called a hanger bolt. It looks like half screw, half bolt. So the screw section gets twisted into the wood and the bolt section gets the wing nut screwed onto it.

Is that sold at lowes or a home depot? I need to observe or my curiosity will not be just!

yep, just about any hardware store should have them. At home depot they come in a bag normally in a pack of 4.

Sounds good, it would need washers too, huh? I just can't picture a slab of wood being sturdy with just the bolt and wing on it.

I believe the ones at Home Depot by me are around $1.30 or so. I know that I've found them the cheapest at Menard's for 4 for about $1 but I'm not sure if Menard's is nationwide or not.

I found this picture in my photobucket account that I took a while ago in case you need a visual aid LOL :). Some people use cup hooks, for shelves at least, but I have never tried that. You would want to put a couple sets of these in your ledge if it is a bigger one for added support. I have wider bar spacing so I use two large washers for added support as well.

IMG_0005.jpg

Fricken awesome! I think I may go to home depot after I go to my doctors apointment today. If I don't feel one is safe enough, I will be sure to make it two!

Latest posts

Back