Kaytee Chinchilla Dust Bath

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While it isn't harmful it doesn't do a good job. Most of the chinchillas surrendered to me with Kaytee dust usually have mats and such that need to be removed. I recommend Blue Cloud or Blue Sparkle. Unfortunately neither of these can be gotten in a pet store, but can easily be ordered from tons of different people here, or online in general.

I have some that I bought a long time ago, and have never finished since I switched to Blue Cloud. My chin just wasn't really interested at all in the dust, but really goes crazy with the Blue Cloud.

Blue Cloud is what I use, I originally used the Kaytee stuff and I'm so glad I gave Blue Cloud a try. It's so nice, it makes your chins so fluffy and soft. At first I was like, "It's just dust, how can it be different?" but it really is.

Kaytee stuff is actually blue sparkle. It won't work well for a show but should be fine for a pet chinchilla

LOL! I was having a conversation about this today. Shelly took her fist Blue Cloud bath last night. I was using Kaytee because that was all I could find in the local pet stores. I've never seen her stay in her bath for as long as she did. She was rolling around like a man woman. I will never use Kaytee again. There is also a 50 pound bag of blue cloud sitting in my storage unit for one chinchilla. I don't think I will need to buy dust for a very long time. :)

A 50 lb bag should probably last you for many years to come. Unless she's like a couple of little mosaic rescues I have here now... They both jump into the duster and go crazy...there's no dust left when they are done. Crazy chinnies...

Kaytee stuff is actually blue sparkle. It won't work well for a show but should be fine for a pet chinchilla

I disagree with this. I have put them side by side and Blue Sparkle is much finer than Kaytee. I find that the LM Farms dust more resembled Blue Sparkle.

It does sparkle the same (as does LM Farms). I think it may be made from the same stuff, just that Blue Sparkle is more finely milled and in turn does a better job. I still very much prefer Blue Cloud over Blue Sparkle.

Blue Cloud is what i use and it's true it does make your chins look fluffier the kaytee one my friend used it and she did not like it at all she says she has to bathe her chin the next day because it didn't really work.

Latest posts

Back