Just had a thought

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i stole the idea for a fish bowl from someone on here cant remember there name exactly but i just had an idea... Would it be a bad idea to put hay in the fish bowl while its on its side?

Lee, my boy Leonard is the fishbowl chin. He loves sleeping in that fishbowl! I'm actually looking for glass plates to put in all my cages for the chins to sit or lie on in addition to the tiles. You might not use the fishbowl for containing hay but perhaps your chin will sleep in there like Leonard does.

I bought glass sun tea pitchers and removed all the plastic from the spickets and pitched the lids. They love to sleep in them and they do help with the hay mess if you jam them full so the chin doesn't fit in to use as a litter box.

I wish I could find someone on CL selling like 8 fishbowls for next to nothing. :p

Get on your local freecycle & request them.

Also, if you are interested in Pickle jars (which work great for dusting & such) go to some local restaurants. ;) They hooked me up with glass jars for free! :)

I'm sure if you got some of the smaller bowls that the chins can't fit in, they at least wouldn't be able to get in and pee in it. Although I've come to the conclusion, no matter what you do with the hay, they're making a mess. :D

I think that they enjoy us trying different hay containers, I can just hear Kiwi saying, " fish bowl huh? watch this mess mmmwwwaaahahaha"

I, too, use fish bowls for my chins. I use them for both a house and a dust bath. I've never tried hay in them, but I think they would just pull the hay out or pee on it.

I've used shoe boxes, fish bowls, actual dust huts, and I've even used an extra hammock. ie. the hammock: TOO messy! ;) You can use almost anything you have lying around that is chin safe and it can get into!

Back