It's official!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lynn, I would love love love to get him to you before nationals. I'm flying to nationals as a delegate. They'll reimburse me for a plane ticket but not for gas to drive myself out there. I'd also like to get him out there before the weather starts turning from fall to winter! :D I don't mind the drive at all, so if we can't find a railroad or someone already going to CO by the time he is fully healed up and ready for the trip, I'll bring him out to you.

depending on what route would be mapped out I may be able to help with a RR, I'm in the bay area but could do some transport

Getting to him to Phoenx and then to New Mexico may work -- my sister lives in Santa Fe, and then I could drive to Santa Fe (6 1/2 hours).

Open to any other suggestions... :)

If you can get him to Phoenix, I can find someone to take care of him until I can pick him up...I know I can find someone. :) After that, I could drive to meet your sister unless we can find someone headed to Albuquerque or Sante Fe....

well...shoot! If we can work out something between Susan and Santa Fe I have no problem driving him the 9 hours to Susan. I need to steal chinnies from her anyhow! :p Linda wouldn't mind a roadtrip to AZ either (I speak for her...don't worry about it).

ETA: If we can't find someone before then, I'll be traveling the 40 to get to ECBC nationals in March. If we can't find something before then, maybe your sister or you could meet me off the 40?

ETA: ONE more time, lol! I just found out there is a chinnie person in Las Vegas and she would be willing to transport to about the Utah boarder. I'm going to talk to her more and see exactly how far she can get him!

Last edited:
If you can take the chin through northern AZ to get to CO, that would be the way to go. I'm near the border with Mexico...so he sort of would take the scenic route coming through here.

And, I don't know...Tab will steal chins, she has all sorts of tricks. :D

well...shoot! If we can work out something between Susan and Santa Fe I have no problem driving him the 9 hours to Susan. I need to steal chinnies from her anyhow! :p Linda wouldn't mind a roadtrip to AZ either (I speak for her...don't worry about it).

ETA: If we can't find someone before then, I'll be traveling the 40 to get to ECBC nationals in March. If we can't find something before then, maybe your sister or you could meet me off the 40?
ETA: ONE more time, lol! I just found out there is a chinnie person in Las Vegas and she would be willing to transport to about the Utah boarder. I'm going to talk to her more and see exactly how far she can get him!

Sorry -- I've been at work all day and then out after. I'm just now seeing this.

Tabitha, I don't think I could bear to wait until March -- I could walk him here by then!!!

I have not yet talked to my sister about this. It's possible that she could drive west on 40 a ways if we can get it all worked out.

Also, if we need to go the northern route up to I-70, I could meet you in Grand Junction, that's about 6 1/2 hours from me. So either way would be fine with me. I'll talk to my sister tomorrow night and see what she's up for.

THANKS, EVERYBODY!!! :hug2:

Lynn, I can get him to Vegas and Rhonda can take him from Vegas to about where the 15 meets the 70. She said she prefers not to drive over 4hrs because then she won't be able to make it a one day trip but she's willing to do whatever is needed to get Jimmy home.

Hopefully we can find someone in Utah? Between Grand Junction and where the 15 and 70 meet? Maybe even, just somewhere off the 70?

Back