It's official!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn & The Chins

The Chinchilla WhisKerer
Tabitha sent me an email confirming that she WILL be adopting Little Jimmy out to me!!!

She's going to keep him until he's fully recovered from his surgery, so by about late August or early September, we'll need a railroad -- from California to Colorado. Please let me know if you would be interested in helping.

I'm SOOOO excited!!! I can't wait!!!

The plan is to get Little Two Paws and Jimmy together so they will each have a buddy with similar disabilities with whom to bond, snuggle and live happily ever after. :)

WOO HOO!!!

Wow! That is excellent news! Lynn, I would love to see a video of your Two Paws and Lil Jimmy when they do get together, that would be so adorable and cute to see. :))

Yay! That is so awesome Lynn! Of course I am totally jealous because Jimmy is the cutest stinking little guy on the planet! I'm so happy Little Jimmy and Two Paws will have some companionship!

Lynn and Tabitha,

I live in the Bay Area and will be flying on Southwest to Colorado August 10th. I know they accept dogs and cats... not sure about other animals? I'd be more than happy to get him to you!

That is soooooooooo awesome. I know how much you have been wanting to bring him home with you.

Lynn and Tabitha,

I live in the Bay Area and will be flying on Southwest to Colorado August 10th. I know they accept dogs and cats... not sure about other animals? I'd be more than happy to get him to you!

WOW!!! THANKS!!! You may be our girl -- we just have to see how Little Jimy progresses, but it would be AWESOME if he could get here so quickly and with so little stress!!!

Let's stay in touch... :thumbsup:

WOW!!! THANKS!!! You may be our girl -- we just have to see how Little Jimy progresses, but it would be AWESOME if he could get here so quickly and with so little stress!!!

Let's stay in touch... :thumbsup:

It would be my pleasure to meet the little guy who has stolen so many hearts! Keep me posted.

Lynn and Tabitha,

not to burst bubbles....but they dont accept chins. back in december, a friend of mine who lives in san antonio called me and asked how i get gizmo to and from places. i told her i just drive. she called southwest and they were pretty adamant about not allowing pets other than cats and dogs. she mentioned that her chinchilla was smaller than a cat and only goes in a small carrier that fits perfectly under the seat. they said something about not allowing pets who dont get vaccines...something like that. i called as well, just to check twice, and i got the same response.
perhaps if you spoke with the airport in california, they may be more willing to work with you and a case basis.

but these two little buddies need to get to each other! how exciting!

Congrats Lynn, Two-paws, and Jimmy!!! So glad the little guy will be going from one great home to another!! Be sure to keep us updated with lots of pics as he grows!

not to burst bubbles....but they dont accept chins. back in december, a friend of mine who lives in san antonio called me and asked how i get gizmo to and from places. i told her i just drive. she called southwest and they were pretty adamant about not allowing pets other than cats and dogs. she mentioned that her chinchilla was smaller than a cat and only goes in a small carrier that fits perfectly under the seat. they said something about not allowing pets who dont get vaccines...something like that. i called as well, just to check twice, and i got the same response. perhaps if you spoke with the airport in california, they may be more willing to work with you and a case basis.

This is so LAME! I'm still willing to try the airline if the timing ends up to be right. Maybe if we point out he is a special needs chin he can get special privileges?

That's what I'm thinking!!! I looked online and saw that there is a $75 charge for dogs and cats. The hold time was 20-30 minutes, so I didn't wait. I'm going to try to plead my case, describing him as a small rodent in a cage...which he IS!!! And I'll tell his story. I can be pretty persuasive... ;)

Tabitha, in your sales contract with Lynn you need to include a photo clause. We have to have pics and updates at least twice a month!!

This is so LAME! I'm still willing to try the airline if the timing ends up to be right. Maybe if we point out he is a special needs chin he can get special privileges?
They won't bend their rules. They have a very strict cat and dog policy.

Jimmy's so widdle. I'd smuggle him near my tummy, when he shows up on X-ray I'd say "That's Jimmy my special needs baby!" My OB Gyn approved this trip.

Latest posts

Back