Its been ugly here.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Words in this situation are very hard. It's obvious that you really love not only your chinchillas but all of them out there. I am so sorry that you have had so many struggles and losses. We will keep Dante, Lu and especially you in our thoughts.

Dawn, the only thing I can do is let you know that you are being lifted up in my prayers and always know the entire chin group is here for you.

I'm so sorry about Dante. It always hurts so much to lose a chinchilla under any circumstances. I hope that you have a long stretch of uneventful, happy time with your chinchillas. And, I hope that Lu comes through her problems very quickly so you don't have to worry about her.

Really sad to read this thread. so sorry for everything going on with your chinnies. just want to say i am thinking about you and take care of yourself. ((((hugs))))

This thread really breaks my heart. I was just looking through your youtube videos last night and thinking how lucky your chins are and we new chin owners, too. I've learned a lot of sage wisdom from you and having you as a standard has made me a better chin owner. Dante suffered so much but you did everything and more for him. Sending lots of warm fuzzies to Lu and I hope he pulls through.

I really wish there were magic words that would make you better. I am very very sorry for your loss

I am very sorry to hear that Dante has passed. He was very lucky to have you for his chinmom! I hope that Lu gets better.

*hugs* RIP Dante

You are in our prayers, so sorry for you loss. Bless you for being one of the greatest chin moms I know of.

I'm so sorry for all your going and have gone though.
I know it wears you down and emptys you out inside.
You need a break, and then you need to do whatever it takes to heal yourself.
I hope you find some peace.You sure have earned it.

I made a tenative appointment for Lu on the 29th, I left a message for the vet to call about my thoughts on post op-Buprenex for pain, metecam for inflamation, propulsid on hand in case it gets ugly to feed, baytril w/ SMZ, subQ fluids on hand. I have done now a boodie load of research on incisor removal and abscesses on rabbits and as long as the actual operation goes well I think I can deal with the post op and a good outcome could maybe maybe happen. The tooth appears loose and the perio pocket is draining blood and some pus out the gum so I hope it just pops out like D.J.s incisor did. He still does not have any swelling or appears to be in pain-from what I read on rabbits that periapical abscesses that start from a perio pocket do not cause much pain since they drain out the pocket and swelling in minimal if not at all. He still has no drool but is still fighting bloat, its better but not gone. I can still tap a tune on his tummy but at least he is not doing the "inch worm" move across the floor anymore and sleeping on his back.

How heartbreaking! I'm so sorry! Just reading your story brought tears to my eyes. You and Lu are in my thoughts. RIP Dante.

FWIW I had a little rescue chin called Oscar who lost a couple of incisors (no idea how) then a third & I had the 4th removed. He did very well without them & happily sucked up hay like he was eating spaghetti. He used to pop food into the back of his mouth & he lived a very happy life.
Will be keeping everything crossed for Lu.

Back