Its been ugly here.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ticklechin

Since the dental appt last monday things have been really bad here, Dante passed away from complications from the gas, it was misdiagnosed and dealing with him was brutal to the point I don't want to talk about it, Lu go bloat from a panic attack after coming out of gas so I had to deal with bloat also. I will be brutally honest I just can't deal with Lu's possible extraction and another grueling medical problem, I am a emotional wreck and its enough just to deal with handfeeding him and his meds right now, so I am putting off evaluating his treatment going forward with the possible incisor extraction, he is stable right now as far as he is not drooling at all, is not mouth swiping, eats some hay and drinks, does his chin business like normal so he is going to stay on the baytril for 21 days, is on metecam still and propulsid, he will then stay off the baytril for 2 weeks and check his condition with another x-ray. I told the vet if the procedure does not go well and I am left with a wreck of a chin then to euthanize him during the procedure. Losing 2 chins in a month is just not right and the thought of losing another one in a month is just too much.

I know sometimes it gets old people saying how wonderful and lucky they are to have someone who goes above and beyond for them, but they are truly fortunate to have someone like you. Have some comfort in knowing they will live on in you, and Lu, will only get the best . You have a huge heart Dawn, and I'm really sorry for your loss, and wish you some relief from your grief and stress. I'll keep Lu in my thoughts and prayers.

Sometimes words are inadequate & this is one of them. I am very sorry for the loss of Dante. Thinking of you & Lu at this time.

Pain is always only temporary. If you know that, it helps to deal with your own pain.

Oh, Dawn, I'm so sorry for your loss of Dante and continued problems with Lu.

You have been the absolutely best Chin Mom for ALL of your kids. They know how much you love them and will always be thankful that THEY won the Chinnie Lottery when they came home with you.

Thinking of and praying for you and you family. :flowers4:

The pain of owning chinchillas in my mind has so outweighted the joy, I do not see myself ever getting another one again, I just can't take that chance anymore.

The pain of owning chinchillas in my mind has so outweighted the joy, I do not see myself ever getting another one again, I just can't take that chance anymore.

Oh Dawn, I am sorry to hear that you are going through such grief right now. I totally understand that you feel you can't do this any longer, but you are so wonderful with chins, and you love them so much it would truly be a HUGE loss to the chinchilla population if you don't have them as pets.
Your chins have been spoiled and loved beyond belief....
You have been a great "friend" to me......on here, and chins n quills, for years, and I wish I was there for you to give you a hug right now.
I truly care! pm me if you want to talk!

Corinne

I'm so sorry for your loss. My beautiful lionhead rabbit died under anaesthetic during a teeth filing operation, and it was very very hard to lose her suddenly like that, I always wish there was something I could have done, though know there wasn't. After having three rabbits with malo, I don't know if I could stand to have another one, so I understand the feeling of not wanting to risk going through it again.
I hope everything goes well for Lu, and that things pick up for you and you are able to reach the point when you can remember the better times you had together. Rest peacefully, Dante.

My heart is breaking for you Dawn. I wish I had word of wisdom or comfort.
((Big Hugs))

Dawn I am so sorry to hear about Dante. You gave him a wonderful wonderful life. Good wishes and luck with Lu. I'm sorry its been hard on you lately. *hugs*

dawn, im so sorry for your loss. there really are no words, but just know that we're all here for you and we all have you and your chins in our thoughts and prayers.

Im so sorry for your loss Dawn. I know it's very hard for you right now. And no words can make it any better for you. Only time can help you. You are a great chinnie mom. I hope you do not give up on having chins. The chin world needs people like you.

RIP Dante. Get well soon Lu

:( I'm so sorry Dawn. May Dante RIP and I hope Lu gets better. You've been through a lot in such a short amount of time, I know it's a lot to deal with. Just know you're in my thoughts. Your chinnies are very lucky to have you as their mommy and I hope eventually you can remember just the good moments that you've had with your chins.

Dawn I'm so sorry to hear of everything that you and your guys have been going through :( I hope things start to turn around for you soon and you can get Lu on the mend.

Back