Is this the right food?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2manypets

Gotta love chins
Is this the right Manna Pro food?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 42
A lot of people feed rabbit food. Just wondering if it is the right kind.

I guess it's been a while since I have looked at their formulas... pro used to be 18-20% protein. I would still use the sho over the pro since it contains probiotics.

Manna Pro has three rabbit formulas: PRO, GRO, and SHO.
The GRO has 18% protein but both the PRO and SHO have the same levels, 16%. The show is more of a simple maintenance feed like any ordinary rabbit pellet... it doesn't have the added prebiotics, probiotics and digestive enzymes like the SHO formula does. Sho also has 1% more fat for better fur condition and a little higher fiber for better gut health, IMO.

Manna Pro has three rabbit formulas: PRO, GRO, and SHO. The GRO has 18% protein but both the PRO and SHO have the same levels, 16%. The show is more of a simple maintenance feed like any ordinary rabbit pellet... it doesn't have the added prebiotics, probiotics and digestive enzymes like the SHO formula does. Sho also has 1% more fat for better fur condition and a little higher fiber for better gut health, IMO.

Thank you Sumiko. I always wanted to know why some fed the SHO over the PRO.

I use MannaPro as it's easy to find...but apparently a LOT of the local rabbit breeders are on to it as well, making supply short :( last time I went to buy they had ONE BAG of Pro left (what I usually feed) and the guy in front of me took it leaving me with Gro :( Which I don't like for it's content...SO...I talked him into letting me buy HIM the Gro (more expensive) and swapping! Ack, what a hassle...so, a bit confused...what do we agree is the best out of the three? (question mostly directed at you Sumiko)

Latest posts

Back