Is my new toy safe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the nut isnt safe for chins..... and I cant tell what kind of wood it is made from..... I wouldnt give it, not knowing what kind of wood it is made from. but the nut would have to come out for sure.

okay, why cant they have nuts? i know they can have peanuts, its a walnut inside too

They shouldn't have peanuts, they're fatty an they don't really need them. As for the wood, it's basically plywood. So the equivalent of feeding sawdust and glue.

Nuts in general just aren't good. Some may be slightly less dangerous than others but as a whole they're not healthy. I believe what I have been told is they can lead to fatty liver.

yep, the fats in nuts can lead to fatty liver in chins. no nuts for chins.

the 'wood' on that toy looks to be glued together in layers. i would not give this to my chins. you don't know what kind of glue has been used.

Nuts are definitely not good for chinchillas because it can cause fatty to their liver. When it comes to wood any wood collected to use for chewing should be absolutely pesticide-free, and not treated, glued or painted. Collected wood should also be soaked in hot water, then dried. You can also purchase chew sticks commercially, such as these apple sticks from Cats and Rabbits.

Latest posts

Back