Is it helpful, or just gross?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

That one bookworm girl...
Just recently my two chinchillas have become comfortable with my labrador coming into my room. Each time I let the dog in my room, the first thing he does is scour the floor for any poop pellets. It appears he is of the opinion that they make a delightful snack. On the one had, it's icky. On the other, I don't have to vacuum. Thoughts?

dogs will also eat cat poop if you let them...and that is grosser yet. My dog has eaten the few chin poops he can find, and I discourage him from that. I don't think it is harmful at all, just gross, imo. I prefer to vacuum it up...if the dog is able to get it, then I'm probably walking in it or my kids laying in it. So I like to get it off the floor asap. But if you don't find it revolting, and don't like to vacuum, then let your dog remove it for you...but I would keep it to small amounts. Ick :)

my dog will have nothing to do with chin poop! she does like the wad of toilet paper that i used to wipe up their pee when in the bathroom for playtime though! and sometimes i find a random stick in her mouth???

Dogs eat poop. That's all their is to it. At the farm our dogs would it horse poop, cow poop, etc. Lady still eats chin poop, and cat poop when I don't catch her in the litter box. I have the largest problem with cat poop, mainly because it just smells sooo nasty and usually ends up making her sick. Chin poop I don't mind so much though. Is it gross? Yeah, but so is a dog licking their own butt. Some things we just can't train them out of.

I think the only problem with eating poop is that they pick up parasites if the other animals have them.

Latest posts

Back