is it a he or a she...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinch&Chilla

chin matchmaker <3
I know this may be kind of silly to most and that I have made other posts on here about my situation with one of my chins who I was told at the store was a male but I think there is a 90% chance its a female. I just really am trying to be sure before I go ahead and get my male neutered if it is a female. I have attached some photos, I apologize for the blurriness but he/she is a little skittish and I couldn't use my flash or it would just blow out the whole photo. I tried for about 5-10 min but didn't want to scare him/her too much. If a better photo is really needed in order to determine than I will try again. Other than the photos there were a couple of things leading me to think it was a girl. My other male chin was caught humping it several times especially a few days ago which resulted in some fur clumped at the bottom of the cage and my male to have a hair ring. I also saw it spray my male chin after he came towards it one time. So does anyone think that it is definately a female or could it perhaps just be a young male?

Attachments

• chillatest.jpg
    chillatest.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 118
  • chillatest2.jpg
    chillatest2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 116
  • chillatest3.jpg
    chillatest3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 96
I am not very experienced but I think it looks like a male. But someone smarter and more experienced than me will come along. Sometimes it's easier if you hold them up by their tail. That will make the space between anus and penis more prominent if it is a male.

Looks like a boy to me, do a hair ring check on him too. Also in most cases the check can be done just once a month, but since your first boy had a problem you need to check more often, like once a week or more as needed.

I agree with Stacie, female. From what I can make out it looks like you can even see the vaginal orifice in the first pic.

Last edited:
Looks like a girl to me : ). You may be able to see a slit in between the anus and the cone to confirm that as well.

the pictures are a bit fuzzy and it is sometimes hard to tell on the very young. But it looks like a female to me

FEMALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My sapphire baby lgilr ooks just like that! I thought that it look like a penis, but boys' parts look different, PLUS! then have balls!

I am 99% pure because I see my chins parts all the time since my chins are easy to hold. I rub their tummys, too. Then, I compared males and females.

It looks like a girl to me. Most boys have a HUGE space between the cone and anus. Try a hair ring check. Nothing should come out. :)

Latest posts

Back