Interesting article on Poop

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chinchillas deposit their waste in personal scrap piles full of plants and their poop that they glue together with urine.

If my chins glued their poop together it would be much easier to clean up...

Wow, who would have thought about the scientific possibilities of chin poop.
It's amazing that it would last that long.

I know, I was wondering about how they said that chinchillas clump their poop together. Not the domesticated ones! I wonder if wild ones do that?

Yes, chinchilla rats are very cute but still, I thought if I posted this article above
their cages :idea: they would read it, learn from their ancestors and refrain from
flinging their poop all over my basement. :crazy:

I thought if I posted this article above
their cages :idea: they would read it, learn from their ancestors and refrain from
flinging their poop all over my basement. :crazy:

Let me know if that works for you. If it does then Shelly is getting some new reading material.

I'm confused. The article says "chinchillas" and has a picture of a chinchilla, but then says

Chinchillas (more formally called chinchilla rats) and other rodents deposit their waste in "middens,"

So is it chinchillas, or chinchilla rats?

From what I gather the person who wrote the article made a mistake by thinking chins were chinchilla rats, other older articles on the subject clearly state chinchilla rats by their latin name.

I KNEW that chin owners weren't the only ones who obsessed about chin poop!!! WOW -- a scientific study based on it...who knew???

Latest posts

Back