If only I could post a smell....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peachydays

<--My sweet girl Gregory
So I just baked my very first cake. Period, my very first cake. From scratch! I've never even made one from a box before.

It is too delicious looking to not share with you all. As the thread title says, I wish I could post a smell, because this thing smells RIDICULOUSLY good.

My "Strawberry Summer Cake":

with flash
71eb8ecf.jpg

without flash
446e1386.jpg

up close
2d4f1b78.jpg

OMG! That looks so incredibly good!!! Could you please post the recipe for the rest of us? I would love to make that for my family!

OMG!! That looks so good :) I want my slice w/ whipped cream please!

Thank you everyone, for the compliments! I am having a really hard time not eating it. I made it for a thing I"m going to tomorrow....and I would rather not take a cake that has a slice cut out of it, haha!

OMG! That looks so incredibly good!!! Could you please post the recipe for the rest of us? I would love to make that for my family!

Jenn, I got it from the Smitten Kitchen blog: http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/05/strawberry-summer-cake/#more-7510

Mmmm Yum! Shayna, please pack this cake and we'll all eat it at Peggy's, k?

Not gonna lie, I am actually contemplating it. If I packed it well, I really think I might be able to. I'll have to ask my mom for some help. You don't even want to know the things she has managed to take all the way from here to England when we've visited family!

That looks very good! You did a magnificent job. Did you flip over the pan onto a plate to take the cake out? I bet that you could make an absolutely gorgeous coffee cake out of that with maybe a little glaze over the top...

Susan, from the recipe it looks like you just slice it directly from the pie pan.

Looks nommy. I bet it would be good with raspberries or blackberries.

I want to try it with raspberries next!

Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Mmmm Yum! Shayna, please pack this cake and we'll all eat it at Peggy's, k?

Not gonna lie, I am actually contemplating it. If I packed it well, I really think I might be able to. I'll have to ask my mom for some help. You don't even want to know the things she has managed to take all the way from here to England when we've visited family!
Rumor has it that Peggy has a fully functional kitchen. You could make it when you get there. :dance3:

The cake was delicious! I made it again yesterday for a different BBQ I went to. There were 3 slices left over. I had two for breakfast this morning, and am eating the last piece right now (as dessert...you can't have cake for breakfast AND dinner....that would just be crazy).

Rumor has it that Peggy has a fully functional kitchen. You could make it when you get there. :dance3:

Are you mad, woman? When I get there I have to tend to the very important business of chasing Peg down for a hug, and then finding Giggy. No time for baking cakes.

Last edited:
Back