I want another one

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessica

I think I would like to get another chinnie but right now isn't a good time since I am expecting a baby right now but maybe next winter I'd like to get a black velvet or a brown velvet. I was wondering though do brown velvets have red eyes like het. beiges or like homo. beiges? The bright red eyes are creepy looking to me and if they are like homo beige eyes then I'll probably go with a black velvet.

I'd definitely wait until some time after having the baby before I'd get another chin for sure. Congrats on the new baby btw.

Hmm, I just got my brown velvet boy the other day so I haven't had time to totally check his eyes out yet but I'd say his eyes are darker than let's say my recessive white boy. I think brown velvets can have either pink or darker eyes but I'll have to let the experts answer that.

I hope it's the darker red color because brown velvets are definitely cute. They look like cuddly teddy bears.=] Maybe someone will have a better idea of what their eyes look like.

I don't really get why people are so creeped out by red eyes..it's not like they're possessed or something and it's not even that scary...I guess I'll never get it.

My brown velvet has red eyes and they aren't that noticable unless the light is shining on them. A homo brown velvet will have ligher eyes like the homo begies.

Last edited:
Congrats on the upcoming baby! I also love brown velvets. I have a BrV here whose eyes are a lot darker than all of the beiges that I have. I also don't see why people are creeped out by the eyes. I think they are kinda cool looking. It's funny when I go into the chin room at night, with no lights, just the moon shining into the room, and I have all these laser beams looking at me! lol!

I'm not sure why it's creepy to others but for me I think it looks sort of unnatural. I also don't like the way cats eyes shine in the dark but I don't have anything against cats actually I quite like them. I'll just have to look around I have plenty of time still but either a blk velvet or a brown one (the black ones are very beautiful to me) whichever is meant for me I'll know when I see him. Breeders out here are hard to come by too so getting this new chinnie will be an out of state adventure like getting my mosaic guy I have now was.

Last edited:
I know of a few breeders in Georgia, and a few in SC/NC so all not too terribly far from you. Congrats on the baby!

Essentia...where are the breeders in Georgia? I have tried so many times to find a chin close to home but the closest I've found are in Kentucky and South Carolina.

Essentia that sounds great! I like aashly would like to know more about these Georgian breeders because when I was shopping before all I found were breeders in neighboring states. Thanks on the congrats though on our new baby.

Latest posts

Back