I thought I'd pay tribute to my little friend...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandi

non-stop poop sweeper
I joined CnQ about 2 years ago, it was my first time I ever joined any type of forum, not myspace, not facebook. It was because of my first chinchilla. His name was Whiskers and he passed away a month and a half ago. I bought Whiskers from a mom-n-pop pet store a little over 4 years ago, I don't know how old he was when I bought him. I must admit that I was very naive and did not know alot about chinchillas other than that their fur was very soft and their cages didn't smell. I did want the best for him though. I never knew how attached I was to him until he died.

I miss his warmth.
Whenever I was on the internet at night after everyone went to sleep, he'd be mostly on my lap or shoulder or on top of my slippers. Even til the end he would come to me. Whiskers had malocclusion in his lower jaw, his x-rays showed all of his molars' roots extremely close to his jaw-line. After the vet filed his molars down, I hand fed him day and night, every couple of hours for 2 months while praying for a miracle that he would overcome this disease, but I was in denial and realized that he was slowly getting worse, another x-ray showed this. I did not want my little friend to live and die this way.

I will always remember how funny he was and how he made sure when we got a pug puppy that that puppy knew who had top billing at our house. After that they got along real well. It was so cute how they would touch their noses together every morning when we all got up for the day.

We miss you Whiskers, even Buddy misses you!

Attachments

• whiskers& buddy.jpg
    whiskers& buddy.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 88
  • ANGEL & WHISKERS.jpg
    ANGEL & WHISKERS.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 85
i am so sorry to hear about your little fella.

thank you for doing the right thing by him.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. Kristy, it does help that CJ and Pepper are in our lives now, thank you.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard to let them go even though it's the right thing to do.

Thanks guys, I know I did the right thing, I've never had to make a decision like that before, it was just unbelievabley hard to do.

I am very sorry for the loss of your little friend.

This is definitely a subject close to my heart ..I will say a prayer for you and for Whiskers :)

Aww he was gorgeous! I'm so sorry for your loss. He was lucky to have such a wonderful owner who loved him unconditionally <3

Back