I think my chin is lonely

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol! I find half the fun is decorating the cage!
And yeah, I think I buy more things for my animals than I do for myself..

My husband isn't too interested in getting a card just to buy chinchilla stuff lol. But if I can find someone to take money orders or an exotic pet store that sells the right stuff....we would be good!

A lot of places take Paypal, which you can link to your bank account instead of a credit/debit card.

I apologize if it was already covered, but do you have a wheel/toys for Bailey? These will certainly help to keep him occupied and healthy.

Or, if you are decent (you don't have to be a pro) you can probably make some stuff with fleece. Walmart, Jo Anne's Fabric, etc. all have great selections of fleece that you can use to make things with: cuddle buddy, hammock, pillow, fleece liners... If you are pretty good with sewing and hand sewing you could try fleece cubes, tubes, and lots more! Just wanted to throw that out there.

I love decorating Cinder's cage, I feel like I'm treating myself when I spoil her. hahaha

I'm not too good at sewing....although it would be pretty cool to make my own stuff for Bailey! I guess I could give it a try....the worst that will happen is that it will not be useable! And no I do not have a wheel or anything yet for him.

You want to get fleece (no denim, shirts, towels, cloth, cotton, etc..it has to be fleece), and then stuff whatever you are making with left over fleece parts. I made a little pillow in the shape of a heart, and it was sooo much easier than I thought it would be. Once you get the hang of it, your mind will go wild with ideas lol.

lol! I find half the fun is decorating the cage!
And yeah, I think I buy more things for my animals than I do for myself..

Very true..... I'm getting more reckless at spending money now just because of these little fuzz butts. But it's too much fun decoration the cage and seeing them bounce around and be happy that you just can't help it =D It makes me happy to see them happy :thumbsup:

I talked to my sister and she told me that Bailey did have a cage buddy who passed away about 2 1/2 weeks before he was given to me. Could he still be grieving the loss? I had him checked by an exotic vet and was told he is in great health! So should I lean more toward getting him a cage buddy now that I know he had one before? Poor little guy!!!

I don't know, if it were me, I'd wait on the cage buddy. Others may have a different opinion, I don't know. But it seems like an awful lot happening all at once. His buddy just passed away, then he goes to a new home, and gets a new environment etc., and then to add a new chin to the mix? I just think it's a lot all at once.
And just because he got along with that one chin doesn't mean he'll definitely get along with another chin.
Personally I'd let him settle in and just spend some time getting to know him and spoil him.

Give it a month for him to settle in, then reevaluate whether he'll need a buddy or not. I'd be more inclined to consider it, knowing that he's recently bereaved, but first things come first: get him used to living with you, and get his habitat/food/health in the best shape you can. Think of it like keeping a balanced family of dogs: if you've got a high strung new puppy with a behavior problem or two, you don't want to bring another dog home until the first one is under control.

That is what I will do. I agree with you all....plus as of now.....he hasn't been making much noise and I went in there and he was sleeping! So I think...I could be wrong....but I believe we're on the right track!!!!!

He's getting better....he did not make noises all day today....just for about 5-10 mins here and there. So he may not be really that lonely. I let him run for about 45 mins this afternoon and then he went back into his cage and took a long nap :) Such a cutie!!! I wish I could share pictures.

Back