How to deal with this customer regarding chinchilla death

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buried it in the middle of the night? Is her husband a hit man? Were they afraid of getting caught? *giggles*

Sumiko, run. Run far far away. You might be next!

Sumiko, did she ever produce a document from a vet? I'm curious if she ever brought the little guy. That poor chinchilla, whether it died from a genetic defect or an owner defect. I think even if a vet told me it was genetic (which they would only be able to guess from listening to observations of symptoms, not really a firm diagnosis at all) it would bring me pause if my chinchillla ran into a wall and plopped over dead and make me wonder if I may have done something. As a responsible owner, I wouldn't even be able to own a chin immediately after--I'd have to deal with the loss and figure out if I could have done something different.

The fact that she isn't worried about her competence as an owner makes me worry about her competence as an owner...

wait--did she even claim to bring it to a vet? Or is she trying to tell you her friend who works at a vet hospital diagnosed it?!?! Is her friend even a vet or at least a vet tech/assistant??!!? jeez, this lady is a piece of work.

Back