How old is your oldest chinchilla?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old is your oldest chincilla?

• 1-2

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • 3-5

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • 6-8

Votes: 33 20.8%
  • 8-9

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 10-15

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • 15-19

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • 20+

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
wow 23 and still 20 thats amazing!! I hope my little 2 year old will make it that long.

I have one that will be 19 in a couple months. She looks awesome. Sometimes I get her confused with her 12 year old cage mate. :) I hope she makes it to 23...there's no reason why it looks like she won't.

I love hearing about the 20 year old and older chins...it gives me so much hope for chinchillas to know that they can make it that long. I've only had chins for 12 years, my first chin is going to be 13 this spring. :)

The pet store didn't tell me exactly how old Dixie was just that she probably wasn't even two years old.

Pip is my oldest chin. His age is unknown but he was pretty small when we adopted him and I'd say I've had him for about four years and I guess that he was no more than six months old when we found him so that brings his age to be around 4.5 years old. =)

our oldest turns 23 in June.

She's older than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
Rodya and Sonya are, apparently, "Between 4 and 7" ...that's a big time frame... :\
Mork is also an unknown age...I'm guessing around a year and a half, unless he's a dwarf chinnie, in which case I have no clue.

I'm not really sure how old any of my rescues are. I was given estimates on their ages though, so I can approximate/guess. But I wish I knew for sure. I think my oldest is ~5.

mines not even a year but i still put her at 1-2

Back