How old is your dog?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old is your dog?

• Total voters
The family dogs...
1.) Lenta is a Queensland Blue Heeler she is 13 years old
2.) Gizmo is a Papillon and he will be 6 years on January 1st
3.) Iota is also a Papillon and he just turned 5 years

My personal dogs that I rescued...
4.) Priscilla is a Yorkie and she will be 2 years on January 13th
5.) Luna is a wire hair doxie mix and she is 1 1/2 years old

Our oldest dog was the dog we got when I was born. I spent my entire life with that dog and she was already about 1 to 2 years old when we got her according to the vet. We just had her PTS about a year and a half ago so she lived to be about 20 to 22 years old. She was our sweet little one eyes mutt and she had finally gone blind in her remaining eye, couldn't hear, barely ate, and had such severe arthritis she couldn't walk anymore and I carried her from the grass to the food to the water to bed...everywhere. RIP Katy...

Hoss, the "purebred" chihuahua, is going to be 9 in January
Joey, the chihuahua/Japanese chin/Jack Russel Mutt, is 7 years old.
Bear, another chihuahua/Japanese chin/Jack Russel Mutt, is 6.
Boo, brother to Bear, will be 6 on January 3rd.
Fifi, half Jack/half chihuahua crazy fuzz baby, is 5 and a half now. :)

I hope that they all outlive me. :D Hoss is almost nine, he's lost teeth due to "accidents" (I will tell you about them if you want to hear) and has a cloudy eye again due to "accidents", BUT Hoss still has the energy of a puppy and acts like he owns everyone and everything he can see. I hope that everyone lives to be 20 or older. That would be just wonderful. I love the doggies so much that I can't imagine being without any of them.

Spartan, my doberman, is 2 1/2 years old. We rescued him at 7 months from a guy who had him chained up full time and neglected him. He came to us full of pent up energy and afraid of almost everything. He has come a long way with us.

We had a miniature Schnauzer, Brandi, before Spartan, who died at 12 from diabetes and heart problems. She was our first "child" and was a superior dog.

I have a 5 yr old golden retriever named finn just turned five in august no health problems apart from some of his hair falling out and his skin changing colour vet said it was something to do with his hormones from being neutured and will go back to normal by itself nearly all healed now! :thumbsup:

Penny is a mixed chow and she's about 13 years old. We've had her since she was a puppy, abandoned too early with a pretty bad URI. She's my mom's precious baby.

Nickel is a dappled mini dachshund and he's about the same age too. We adopted him when he was older, so we haven't been able to pinpoint his exact age (vet guessed about a year older than Penny; shelter guessed 2 years younger than Penny).

Nickel is head over heels over Penny. When Penny goes to the vet, someone has to stay home with him so he doesn't get too too stressed out. He just howls so sadly and constantly looks for her. Penny cares about Nickel too, but she could probably do without him too (he's the reason why she can't be friends with our cats anymore).

my dog inga is a collie/sheltie mix and she's about 5 and a half years old.

my boyfriend and i just got an 8 month old english bulldog ^.^

I'm not sure exactly how old my dog Sweet Pea is, she showed up on my front porch one day. The vet guessed that she's about 5-6. :D Sweet Pea is a Staffordshire mix (likely with lab).

Just curious, how old are your dogs? Jake - 13, Solomon - 12
What breed(s) are they?Jake - German shepherd mix, Solomon - cocker spaniel/dachshund mix
What's the oldest dog you've ever had? The oldest was Chessie, my mom's cocker spaniel. She lived to be 16.

Forgot to include the oldest dog I ever had. My dog Charlie died in 1992 at the age of 16 or 17. He was a smaller black dog, a mix (maybe a Scottish Terrier mix). He was blind and deaf at the time of his death, but still VERY happy and active.

My dog Nikki was only 10 when she passed (Chow/German Shepherd mix). She was the best dog ever :( She had tumor masses in her lungs we had no idea were developing until it was wayyy too late (labored breathing). She died 25 hours after my Grandma died. Horrible week.

Latest posts

Back