Hotel Suggestions?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Trouble....
Ok, so as a total surprise, I'm taking Keith to see Staind for his birthday in Philly at the end of August. However. I have absolutely NO idea where would be a good place to stay. So I need your help! I know there's a few people on here from the Philly/NJ area. The concert will be at Festival Pier @ Penn's Landing. So I'd like a hotel that's not too far, not too expensive, and isn't going to care if we check in at midnight-1AM in case we don't have time to check in before the concert. We have to work til about 3 that day, and then it's like a 2 hr drive to Philly from here.... Concert starts at 6... So we're gonna be pushing it as is and won't have time for a check in.

Thanks guys! And it doesn't have to be too close, just not like... 20 miles away. Cuz we're going to have to be in at work that day by like 8AM so we're gonna be soooo beat by the end of the night hahaha.

Also, just a 'duh' question, but to make a reservation, they don't charge anything to your card until the night you actually check in, right? Kinda like with buying movie tickets online? You don't actually pay anything til you get the service? Haha

Can't help you find a hotel, but some hotels do charge your card when you make the reservation. I just made a reservation at a hotel for me and my sister in September, and they charged my card.

Some don't charge your card, it just depends on the hotel.

Ok. I just was wondering, that way I need to know if I need to money on the card or can wait. Lol

Yeah, I think most websites will say if they charge. Otherwise you can call and make a reservation and ask then.

I think I'll just make sure the money's in there to be safe. So, anyone have suggestions? So far I'm looking at Club Quarters which is $84 for the night...

I have never had a hotel charge in advance of my arrival. They shouldn't charge until you show up. I always tell them here's my card, but I will pay cash when I get there.

Well, the hotel I booked for me and my sister in Gurnee IL did. I got a credit card statement. Perhaps they do it because it's an expensive room. It's one of those hotel waterparks. I don't know, but they charged the full amount. And the website did say that it would be charged.

How come you're taking Keith and not me? I love Staind! They shouldn't charge your card til you are there. Did you check out expedia.com to get the best deals?

Most hotels will ask for a credit card but won't charge in advance because they're just holding it. They do require a 48 to 72 hr cancellation if not they WILL charge against your credit card.

essentia, my phone won't let me reply to pm. we are going aug 30-31 so would need a room definitely the 30, possibly the 31. thanks a ton!

laurie, get out here and you can come with :p remember.... P....A..... lol

When you get a chance to look at the PM and make a decision let me know. The employee rates are only open when the hotel is less than 80% full. This means the sooner booked the better!

Latest posts

Back