home made solution for tear stains in cats?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marinewifey4433

i have a white persian cat that we just got and around the corner of his eyes are black.. he was not taken care of all, not just the stains but he had huge knots all in his fur.. we had to cut them all out and he had to be bathed, brushed, and blow dried.

I don't know of any tear stain remover for cats. There is a product called "Angel Eyes" that is used for dog tear stains. It is something you add to their food and I have heard it is effective. However, I don't know if it is safe for cats as they are a little more sensitive to some things. Maybe check with a groomer and your vet to see if it is safe. Then let me know.

The tears can come from improper nutrition. If you want to keep the cat from getting more, start a good diet. As far as getting rid of them? We have some groomers on here that may be able to offer good suggestions.

The tears can come from improper nutrition. If you want to keep the cat from getting more, start a good diet. As far as getting rid of them? We have some groomers on here that may be able to offer good suggestions.

ok thank you.. im in the process of switching him over to royal canin as that's what i feed my simese. I may just take him to the groomer to see if they can do it there. I know he was a huge mess when we got him, i had to cut out fur and everything that was knotted. under his chin is yellow also cause they fed him only canned food. So id like to get that out also

Generally stain is just that a stain and it won't come out. You can try something like malaectic (sp?) wipes which we used at the vet often, but you will probably never get them all out until it grows out.

The phrase "cut all the knots out" is a groomers worse nightmare usually by the way.

Generally stain is just that a stain and it won't come out. You can try something like malaectic (sp?) wipes which we used at the vet often, but you will probably never get them all out until it grows out.

The phrase "cut all the knots out" is a groomers worse nightmare usually by the way.

Okay ill see if i can find those, ill ask my vet about them also. And I hated cutting his knots out. I tried for over a hour to get one of them out and was like there's no way they have to be cut.

Groomers are your friend when you have a long haired cat, they can usually remove knots quicker and with less pain, or advise if doing a shave and starting over is the best bet.

Latest posts

Back