Here's my hayburner...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tara,

He is beautiful! Horses definitely are special animals that have a long lasting effect on the people who come into their lives.

Kermit's original owner sent me a baby picture of him! Too cute.

Attachments

• KBaby3.jpg
    KBaby3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 112
Oh, he is so adorable! So tiny, maybe I can sneak one home?

Mr. Not-so-white now that he's shed out for the year and had a bath. :D

And the lovely photo the ladies chose last night of course.

Attachments

• Kermit3.jpg
    Kermit3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Kermit2.jpg
    Kermit2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 09_04Kermit2.jpg
    09_04Kermit2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 119
He's beautiful! And that has got to be one of the cutest foals I've ever seen!

A photo of a storm rolling in last night. I liked to colors of it.

One of the cool things about this state is the awesome storms they get.

Attachments

• Storm&K.jpg
    Storm&K.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Storm.jpg
    Storm.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 116
One of the things I miss the most about the "deep south" ..is the storms!

Kermit is beautiful.. as a baby, too ...and nice pics of that storm brewin' ;)

Aww, he's just beautiful Tara! I keep hearing, "hi ho, this is Kermit de frog here..."

Does he have a Miss Piggy for company? :D

Gorgeous. Really makes me miss having horses.

No Miss Piggy. Though if I ever ran across a draft, particularly a Halflinger I'd pick him/her up in a heartbeat.

No, but hopefully eventually he will have a Miss PEggy......................

Mwahahahahaha.

He's in a deeep pile'o'poo...

So you know it's hot here, it's LA, duh. I keep my feed in the chin room because it's cool, less likely to spoil.

My chin room has one window and it happens to be the window to the magical land of Kermit.

He sees me feed, and hang out in the cool room, probably jealous that he's not also getting some cool... and food. Remember it's the magical place where feed comes from.

So I go out there this morning, and no Kermit. No, Kermit is there, in the now-not-so-cool 92 degree chin room. Chins were hot, he was hot, I was.. well, hot.

Everyone survived, including the horse (for now) and the only loss was about 20lbs of the fresh bag of rabbit feed I'd opened a few days ago. He didn't touch the grain, not the alfalfa cubes nor the hay, nor the OLD rabbit feed (heaven forbid!). Nope, just my new bag.

This is fine, it's way cheaper and eating 20lbs of alfalfa pellets isn't causing any issues like his grain would have. He didn't even make a mess.

But Miss Peggy, he has special needs. Do you have a magical window? Look how unhappy he looks now that he is now locked out of the room full of coolness and feed...

Attachments

• KermitWindow.jpg
    KermitWindow.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 124
I have better than the magical room Tara!

I have two ponds for his dunking (or confusion filled) pleasure. I have an always bubbling spring fed well with the freshest cold water available year 'round. I have a huge two story barn, the bottom of which is concrete, that is all open on the bottom, with a breeze no less than 10-15 mph blowing through it, sometimes cranking up to 30 mph before a storm. I have rolling acreage of grass for him to run through and eat. I have two friends just waiting for Kermit to come and play with them.

And, there are three kids (and ME!) waiting to spoil him silly.

Oh, and did I mention? Not many skeeters. :)

Thanks Michelle. Here he is today, just sweating away in the 100 degree heat.

Attachments

• KermitSweating.jpg
    KermitSweating.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 110
I got what you said in an email. On a funny side note, I often get asked (by old ladies even) why I have pontiac tires on my Oldsmobile.

I couldn't figure out why even these seemingly innocent old ladies knew the difference between an Oldsmobile wheel and a Pontiac wheel and I had no clue.

About a year ago I was inspecting some rust and noticed that my rims have the word Pontiac in big letters on them. Apparently the old lady that owned the car before me had gotten them on a deal and they have the same bolt pattern as a Pontiac. Yeesh. :rolleyes: Only owned that car for 6 years.

As far as Kermit goes... TWH's are often called the Cadillac of horses, so no, he's not a Pontiac. :p

Back