Hello!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mognyoda19

Hello, I joined a few weeks ago, but I just got my first 2 chinchillas yesterday! My name is Alyssa and I am a junior at Western IL University and I am majoring in Zoology. My new little boys are Mog (ebony) and Yoda (violet). They are getting along quite well in their new home, a modified critter nation. I bought a double unit, but until they get a bit bigger they are in the bottom half for now. I attached a pic of that as well, and I know I'm weird in using both fleece AND bedding lol but I like the absorbency of fleece and they like to play in the bedding. Anyway, I'd just like to add that I am so glad that this forum exists because I have already learned so much! Thank you all! :)

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 17
Welcome to CnH! :))

Did you rescue your two? They've got a bit of fur chewing going on, but it won't hurt them! My one girl does that under stress.

welcome. they are adorable. after a while, cleaning the shavings may get old. i use fleece and a litter pan filled with shavings. it may help train them to pee in one spot and than the urine odor wont be as strong.

No, I got them from a breeder in Ohio, Krista Powers. She said when she first introduced them they quarreled a bit but said they were fine now. I've been watching them these past 2 days and they get along really well. I'm hoping it grows back in nicely. Thanks!

Also, I just got the bowl I ordered from you the other day. I love it and so do the boys! I love Miyazaki movies so when I saw you made them I had to have it.

welcome. they are adorable. after a while, cleaning the shavings may get old. i use fleece and a litter pan filled with shavings. it may help train them to pee in one spot and than the urine odor wont be as strong.

Thanks! And I will try that once I find their favorite pee spot. I'm also waiting for a bass equipment pan I just ordered.

Oh alright! yeah, it was kind of hard to see in the pictures, but I can see how it would be pulled fur. I've had that with intros and it does grow back just fine, but sometimes it takes a while, especially with that much fur missing.

I'm glad you like the bowl! I love Miyazaki!!

Welcome! Your babies are really adorable! That chewed fur should grow back as they settle in...

Back