Hello from Yelm, WA

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horslvr123

Hi.. I am new to chinchillas.. Well, semi new.. I was getting into them a few years ago, then I got pregnant, my house got extremely hot in the summer and I found them new homes with air conditioning.. LOL..

Now I have a 5 yr old daughter, our apartment is in a basement so it stays nice and cool in the summer and I didnt realy want to get a hamster.... Sooo... my neighbor had a nice chinchilla that she gave us.. His name is Dusty.. I think hes a violet.. He was living in a barn, so he is kinda scruffy, but in otherwise good shape..

Besides Dusty.. we have 3 cats, 1 betta, 5 dogs (corgi, pom, husky, rotty, boston terrier) 5 horses and a donkey and 5 call ducks.. 2 cows and about 20 chickens... That is not including the 13 silkie chicks in a brooder in the living room...AND.. 6 call duck eggs in the incubator... LOL.. its a zoo around here...
There is also 4 adults in the house, so its not all on me..

Anyway.. im here to learn about chinchillas and there care..

Id love to hear from anyone that lives nearby.. Its always nice to meet neighbors I didnt know I had..

Welcome!

I'm out on the Olympic Peninsula. I have 2 horses a OTTB and a Mustang/Arabian along with a whole mess of chinchillas.

Do you have pictures of Dusty you can post?

"You keep all those animals in your apartment? Must be huge!" LOL.... No, the apt is in the basement of a house...

I will get pics of Dusty as soon as I can.

Back