Hello from NY!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloverr

Yeah, so I just realized I never really introduced myself, just kind of bombarded the forums with my silly questions.

so yes, Hi! I'm Tracy. I live in wappingers falls, about 65 miles north of nyc. My first and so far only chinchilla is my little Buddy, I dont think my boyfriend knew what he was getting himself into when he picked Buddy out for me, I dont have any kids so I go with spoiling my animals. He may be my only chin but he is far from being alone... I also have a very old blind cat, (shes going on 20, and Buddy loves jumping on her during his play time,poor kitty), a parakeet, a water dragon, a milk snake and 13 frogs.... and now Im looking into getting Buddy a buddy;p

I want to thank everyone whos helped me out, and given me advice during my forum rants :)

Oh, and one little side note... Ive read many times that chins dont like being over handled, that sometimes they just dont like being picked up.... but Ive come across something new with my little guy, just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience..
I was saying hello to my little Buddy one day, while I was wearing a zip up hoodie, and holding Buddy against my chest, and my boyfriend came up behind me and startled him. Buddy dove down the neck of my sweatshirt, turned around, and stuck his head out of the neck hole, like a little peep hole. So now... if i ever scoop him up for something, and put him against my chest, if im wearing a zip up or a v neck, he climbs down my shirt, and peeks out the neck hole. He just chills there... if hes feeling shy, he ducks down, otherwise he just sits there looking around.
And dont worry, I dont let him overheat down there;p He didnt do it at all during the summer months, hes only started since its been cooler out... ill have to look for a pic to post.

I find it absolutely adorable, was just wondering if anyone else has had their chin pull similar stunts.

and there I go with my ranting again... Sorry!
-tracy, (aka clo.)

Welcome to CnH :))

Sometimes one of my girls, Chibi, would like to sit in my sweatshirt front pocket. I agree, it's very cute!

welcome to the group. would love to see a pic of the sweatshirt bandit! sounds so cute.
2 of the 3 boys i have dont really like to be held for long periods of time, ie: from the living room to the bathroom is long enough! but my one boy will cuddle a bit and i agree it is quite sweet.

Welcome to the forum! I have a hedgie who loves the front pocket on my hoodie. But then again that is probably because it is warm.

Latest posts

Back