Hello from Maryland USA!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torsornin

Hello, my name is Erin. I am nearly 27 years old (geeze I am on the downside of 25 lol) I have two big dogs, three birds, three horses, and tankful of fish and a boyfriend... And if that wasn't enough - last week (nearly to the day :-D ) I went out and got myself a hedge hog!

I did a bunch of research first via internet, but boy do I wish I would have found this place first! This place is a wealth of knowledge!

So My hedgehogs name is 'Tater (cause my youngest dog thinks he looks like a potato on legs lol) I am so in love!!!

I am so excited to start introducing him to new things. I kept him on his hedgehog food from the pet store as I didn't want to over stress him when I first got him, but this week will be starting to transition him to Spikes Delight (any opinions on that one?) So today after reading the forums and faqs I decided to split a banana with 'Tater. OMG he loved it... I just held it out and let him smell it and he nom nomed a few bites of it... Then I finished it off lol. I was in fits of giggles watching his smiling face nom on that banana!

My little 'Tater is so friendly. I have even taken him to work (I work at a nursing home) 'Tater decided that he wants to be a therapy hedge hog lol. He is great with my residents and very friendly.

Today, 'Tater actually CHOSE me. He went bananas in his cage (the good kind) when he say me, started his hedgie snuffing wuffing and even purring! he kept coming over to the door and half climbing on it, so I opened the door and out he hopped onto my hand!

I guess we are bonding well!!! not bad for only a week huh??

I cant wait for his snuggle sack, wheel and food to come in the mail this week. I just know he is going to love that wheel. I think tonight I shall give him one of those kitty balls I have (still in the package - they were for my birds) and let him play with that!

I am just so tickled and in love!

Welcome to the forum! :) Consider yourself VERY fortunate because even though I am not a hedgehog owner, I have read tons about them and it usually takes weeks-months for them to even unball for their owners, and your's is hopping into your hand! Congrats on your new baby and welcome to CnH! :D

:wave: Hello and welcome to CnH :)

Congrats on your new prickly friend. :D

Hello from Virginia!
Your little guy sounds like a doll. I don't know a darned thing about Hedgies but I love your introduction story. He sounds like he's on his way to being spoiled stinky rotten.

Hi Erin!! Welcome to the board!!! I"m in Maryland too!! I had hedgies many many years ago (just out of high school). Now I'm a Chinchilla owner. Where in MD are you located?

I also have birds and fish.

Jill

I am up in washington county :)

I like chins too and can foresee me getting one in the future.

I figured I was really lucky that my hedgie was so gosh darn friendly. I mean he REALLY seems to like ME. (I feel so special!) and to want to hop out on my hand?!?! I was over the moon! lol

Hello Erin, and welcome! I really want to add a hedgie to my zoo collection! Sounds like you have yourself a wonderful hedgie that knows he's found a good home.

thanks all for the warm welcome!

I am so excited that I found this place!!!!

And the more time I spend around my hedgie the more I am in love. Last night While hatching a plan to make cage liners - I fantasized about breeding little hedgies and how gosh darn cute they must be when they are bitsy! But I am sure it is a TON of work and I am neither at the place or time in my life where I could make this happen.... Someday maybe. But for now it is a fun dream :) .. So I have lots of time to spend with my "Tater and learning for the future!!!

Latest posts

Back