Has anyone bought from "My Little Chinchillas.com"?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

S & C's Chin

I was wondering if anyone has ordered anything from "mylittlechinchilas.com"?
I ordered a few things from them, had the amount taken out with paypal, and yet I have not received my order. I tried emailing them, but no answer. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with this site? Or knows of some way I can get a hold of them.
Thanks.

Shelly, when did you place your order and make payment?

Several members on here have had difficulties with their order from Robbie.

I'm not sure of the exact day of the order, but the payment came through on 3/27. I would have to guess about 3/25 or 26 for the order?. The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that they won't contact me. Do you know of another way they can be contacted? I searched their site, and the rescue site that's on there, but no phone number or anything.

Yes, Cat. If you do a thread search, there were people who never received their order. I know of at least one member here besides myself who had to file paypal claims.

Shelly, I will Pm you the phone number.

I know of at least one member who had to file a Paypal claim due to non receipt. Paypal refunded her money.

It took her over a month to mail out my wood, and then I received the wrong kinds. I sent at least 5 emails with no response, so I gave up.

That happened to me also, it took me a long time to contact them, but when I did my order finally got here.

Thanks for the replies - I am taking it up with paypal as Sugarmama suggested. Is there something we can do here on the forum about this?

Is there something we can do here on the forum about this?

Not to be mean, but if you ordered it from their website & not off of this forum what would anyone here be able to do.

It's kind of a buyer beware world. Sorry for your troubles, good thing you have the chance to work through pay pal, if you'd waited after 45 days they would not assist as it's past their cut off date.

Not to be mean, but if you ordered it from their website & not off of this forum what would anyone here be able to do.

Not a thing. The classified section is strictly buyer beware. We will not let crappy sellers continue to have access to the classifieds, but other than that, there's nothing we can do.

I just wanted to point out as well, this person isn't even a member of this forum, so there's even less I'm willing to do about it.

I'm sorry you got stuck though. I know how incredibly frustrating it is.

I am sorry too, but I agree, stick with members off here, at least you know you can contact the person!

I ordered from them a while back, took a loooong time to get my stuff.. As I understand it, from the few replies to the multiple emails I sent, they were having some sort of family health emergency at that time, but that was quite a while ago.

I did eventually get my stuff, but if you're not even getting any reply from them, definitely file with PayPal.

For sure take it up with Paypal and thank goodness you used paypal it is a for sure way to get your money back. She is completely MIA as far as we know. She was a member of my chin forum but no one has been able to contact her at all. I have people coming to my forum asking about how to get ahold of her too.. So yes buyer beware unfortunatly with any classfieds. This is a good example of why to use paypal...

But even with paypal- after 45 days you are screwed. And, I know with my experience, the person kept saying it was in the mail, it came back, blah blah blah, until, oops, it was 47 days and I could not do anything! Argh. Now I make sure I order only from people on here or people I know.

If I don't know the person or haven't ordered from them before and they have some really cool stuff that I'd like to order in the future, I usually start with a small order and see how that goes. I order all my klein pellets and hay thru Ann's Chinchilla ranch and all my toys and treats from fortunate chins. I've used both of them for years.

Cheryl

It's true that you only have 45 days to file with Paypal--that's why, for the best buyer protection, it's important to fund that payment with a credit card.

That way, if Paypal is unable to recover your funds if a transaction goes bad, you can file a chargeback with your credit card company. The time frame varies, but I've heard of some credit cards that give you up to 180 days to file a dispute.

I believe using a debit card with the Visa/MasterCard logo offers some protections, but can vary depending on your bank regulations. But if you use existing funds, and they are unable to recover, you're out of luck unless the seller adds funds to their account.

Latest posts

Back