Has anybody tried this?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard multiple praise from Fuzzies so it's worth a shot! I personally have never ordered from them.

You can always make your own stress/anxiety mix. That is what I do =) I use the same ingredients, plus hibiscus and a couple other calming herbs. The most important herb for stress/anxiety is oat straw and oats. Relatively cheap to get a nice organic ounce

Making it yourself is a good idea, but I have purchased this for a chin that had to have surgery. She enjoyed it, but she was always naturally a calm girl so I don't know if it relaxed her or not! But it must have been delicious :) I do love fuzzies kingdom. You can also email her with questions and ask for recommendations, she's really great! So either option is good, in my opinion!

In the past I have used rescue remedy you can get at health food stores-just don't use it on malo chins in the mouth, rubbing on the ears works for them. I have only heard good things from Fuzzies Kingdom, all their stuff is good.

Thanks!

Thanks ladies!!!!! both AZ Chins and Dawn "ticklechin" always seem to have the most knowledgeable and trustworthy answers!!!!! I value your opinions :)

While I don't feel that Jasper is highly stressed or anything, I am going to have a pet sitter in for a week at the end of May and was just looking for ways to make it less stressful for my little guy since things are going so well for us. Last night he was "grooming" my eyelashes and my EARS...(yikes, I might have some ear hair I didn't know about :vomit:) lol. It was super sweet and cute...my ears are so sensitive and he was nibbling all around them... He was actually pulling on my eyelashes so hard that I had to ask him to stop even though I didn't want to. :party:

Last edited:
Human Kack

LOLZ...that's funny and I bet it works! Yeah, I think he was trying to pull off the mascara. He accidently got a bit of my eyelid in with one of his bites...I tapped his nose lightly and said "NO" kind of sternly.

I haven't tried the Stress/Anxiety herb mix, but I do feed the Broad Spectrum supplement daily and my guys love it. I ran out 2 days ago and am currently being shunned for it, so that's always a good sign.

One of my guys is always on edge, gets super nervous in the car, and hates thunderstorms. I give him the Stress/Anxiety mix during storms and before car rides, and it really works to mellow him out. Maybe even too much, he gets really sleepy and just doesn't care about anything. It's not something I would give to him on a regular basis or he'd be strung out all the time. It works for those really stressful times though.

I actually just got some for myself, just in case when I move the new girl into the living room, if someone gets stressed. I did give some to the new chick last night, because she is still very scared, and within about an hour, she was letting me pet her pretty consistently. Dont know if it was from the herbs or if she was just tired.

Latest posts

Back