Grommets?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Trouble....
For those of you who make hammocks, where do you get your grommets and what tool do you use to install them?

There are different tools, from what I can see online. I'd like to know what tool seems to be preferred (if a $5 tool works well for fleece, then I don't have to buy a $30 tool that is normally used for harder materials, etc), and there are also different types of grommets. I obviously don't want plastic ones, but what are good ones that hold up and what are best to stay away from?

Ah, okay, I will have to let someone who has been making hammocks longer tell you which brand and model works best. I just got the one from the fabric store and it works great....but it was I think $20....and I am pretty sure its metal....but I cant seem to find it right now. Sorry :(

I bought a black and decker one at home depot, they sell them in the rope department and it was much better quality than the fabric store.

my grommets fall out in the wash after a few months - so I switched to sewing fleece loops onto each corner - now they last much longer and I just use the fleece scrapps.

I got mine from a fabric store too (fabricland) and its been great. Havn't had them fall out or anything and it wasn't the $30 one. They may also be called "eyelets"...

I also use the grommets and grommet tool (came together in a kit) from the fabric store. I wash my fleece hammocks often and have never had a grommet fall out.

Again Wal Mart LOL
I have had good success with it
I bough two different sizes a larger one and a smaller one.
I've only had one grommet come loose but I think it was my poor installation

they sell grommets and the tools at Michaels arts and craft store. I should know I work there I could probably tell you where they are located in the store too :p

I have found that they are more often than not called eyelets rather than grommets

Back