funny story. . . well, funny strange, anyway

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moon

Seymore Fuzzbutts
Ok, I have to share this short story one of my 6th grade students wrote just for me. . . she’s a warped child. . .
Attack of the Killa Chinchilla
I was walking through the woods of Quebec. The wind was pressing against my face. I heard something rustling in the bushes. I heard nothing. I then kept on walking. I kept hearing rustling, then I got nervous. I started running and heard the rustling catch up with me. I saw the mysterious creature pounce out of the bushes and I saw what it was. It was a giant chinchilla. I went through my pockets. All I had was a box of matches. “I really hope this works,” I thought. I flicked the match and threw it at the chinchilla. It landed in the beast’s mouth. This match must have had some kind of chemical reaction, because the chinchilla exploded and created a great inferno.
I looked at the inferno right in front of me and saw the burnt, bloody remains of the chinchilla. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I saw a beeping device in the chinchilla’s blood and guts. “Ewwww,” I said. “This is grosser than watching chinchilla birth.” I picked up the device and ran back to my cabin without looking back. I was getting more and more excited by the moment.
I ran to the cabin, waving the tracker in the air without caring. I was splattering blood everywhere. I was staying at a cabin with my roommates Ryleigh and Lina. I saw them walk through the hallway. I showed them the tracker. They didn’t seem to notice. “Why is there blood on the furniture and your clothes?” Lina asked. “Oh my God, did you get mauled?” Ryleigh asked anxiously. I gave her a dirty look. For being eighteen years old, she acts twelve. Then she noticed the tracker. “What IS that?” she asked. “It’s a tracker,” I said. “It leads to the Andes Mountains. We’re travelling there next week.” We all travel. It’s very important for my job and this is a chance to find out what is going on. “Pack your stuff, you guys,” I said. “We’re going to a place called Lake Titicaca according to the tracker.” I was so excited. I’m going on an adventure for the first time.
We gathered our passports (and plenty of matches) and we boarded on the rugged jeep. We drove a couple of days and we entered boats and various planes. It took us about twenty days to make it to Lake Titicaca. We saw a chamber in the far side of the lake, connecting to the mountains. Whoever the leader is, this person must be stopped! I prepared myself, checked with Ryleigh and Lina and entered without looking back.
As I cautiously looked around, I saw that there were chinchilla guards everywhere! I was petrified. All I had were three matches and a knife. I started regretting things. I saw a door that said: KEEP OUT! TORTURE CHAMBER! I told Ryleigh to keep the knife and I kept the matches. Just in case. I peeked in and someone pulled me inside. There was a figure coming towards me. “This is it,” I thought. “I’m gonna die.”
Then, the figure revealed itself. It was a woman shorter than me (I’m 5’11”). I looked at her and she said, “Who are you?” I’m about to think this was easy. I think there’s a possibility to end this easily. But I want to make this end so she knows it’s over. I challenged her to her biggest and toughest chinchilla. She says, “of course,” and snaps her fingers. Then a door slowly opens. “It can’t be too hard. It’s only a dumb chinchilla. Could it?”
I saw the door open and looked around. I was wrong as I looked up. The chinchilla was at least 20 feet high, had sharp fangs and moved as fast as a leopard. It darted forwards. I tried to dodge but it hit my arm and caused a burning sensation in my arm. I didn’t want to look down, but I had to. My arm was gone. I felt disappointed and scared. I was gonna die here. I wasn’t kidding. Then I forgot about the matches. Only three left. I had to do this fast. I was losing more blood than a spilled pitcher of Cool-aid. I saw the chinchilla bend down and I knew I had my chance. I ran up the chinchilla’s back and dropped the flaming match in his ear. I waited. Then I felt the rumbling start. I ran to the corner and ducked in cover.
The inferno was huge, and it was worth it. Queen Grogan, the leader, ran for the door, but Ryleigh met her there. She stabbed the evil queen in her black heart. She was on her knees, and died. Ryleigh was covered in blood, and Lina was clutching her stomach. It was bleeding. I split the cloth of the sleeve for my missing arm; half for her stomach and half for my shoulder. We escaped with no one in danger of dying.
Two months passed. I am still studying chinchillas, but not the big and deadly ones. I hate chinchillas so much now, I’m thinking about becoming a manga artist and moving to Japan. I know that’s a job where I know I won’t almost get killed by chinchillas. Lina and Ryleigh are still my roommates and are coming with me to Japan. I have automail now, so I pretty much have a new arm. Before we left, we went back to Lake Titicaca to relax, and the lair was destroyed. Other than changing my job and getting improved, THAT was the happiest moment of my life. Do you know what the best part was? NO more chinchillas for a long time.

Does she know that you have chinchillas?

Is this for a grade? LOL!

I figured she was just trying to pick on her teacher... I thought it was interesting, but weird... I laughed though because some of the stuff in the story was soooo off the wall...

Very interesting read, LOL! What grade did she get? My daughter is in the 6th grade as well, and one of their assignments just before halloween was to write a scary story. My husband and I were floored while reading hers. I also got a chance to read a few of her friends' stories and all were pretty amazing.

I love the part about "losing more blood than a spilled pitcher of kool-aid"...lol. Exploding giant chinchillas though...I think this kid plays too many video games.

Yes, she knows I have chinchillas - I tell them all about my chinnies and use pictures of them in my drills and PowerPoints for fun. Oh, she thoroughly enjoyed killing me off - didn't know if you realized that I am the evil Queen Grogan - she loves me though, otherwise she wouldn't have felt comfortable writing this and handing it in for a grade - I thought it was hilarious! Lake Titicaca, indeed.

I gave her an A. The assignment was to write a short story with a conflict, and she certainly did that. I would have liked her to explain why and how I was making the giant killer chinchillas, but hey, for an 11 year old I thought she did really well!

I enjoyed the blood like Kool-Aid simile as well! And I liked the "wind pressing against my face" comment too.

She certainly was creative! But, I have to say it's a little bit of a strange story. A little violent too. Oh well. I think they're all a little weird around that age.

Hah, I remember when I was in the 7th grade we had the choice to write a short story for a contest. I wrote mine about human androids that were inflitrating the military and trying to take over the world. LOL
I thought her story was very creative! It was different....in more ways than one lol.

That still makes me laugh. And I thought that you were most likely the evil queen! HA! That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing this!

Latest posts

Back