For Chinchillas: How to make spears!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDZCRanch

RavenousDeadlyZombieChins
Alcyone wanted me to post photos for all the poor chins out there that might not know how to make spears! She feels the chinchilla army has not made enough progress of late due to new comers not knowing enough about their most valued weapon. I think she is behind the new movement...I have found large amounts of chinchilla spears around the grower cages where she is housed. If you guys don't hear from me...you know what happened.:help:

Attachments

• Chinchilla how to.jpg
    Chinchilla how to.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 142
  • chinchilla how to 2.jpg
    chinchilla how to 2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 139
I didn't know it was possible for a chin NOT to know how to create spears! Like some sort of genetic deeply-ingrained instinct. However, my boys are not great at throwing them. The tiny arms I guess. Usually they end up projecting them with their feet while bouncing around.

Hahaha, I'm sure they'll love you enough to not throw them at you. They know you feed them :thumbsup:
Mine tend to hide them under the bedding in case of emergency, lets see them try that after I get the fleece liners ;)

Lily was my master spear maker. Lady was only an apprentice when we lost Lil' so she hasn't quite managed the art of it yet. Latte is intently studying the pictures as I type this. We all know she's not the brightest bulb in the box, so I may be safe for awhile. lol. :wacko:

thankfully Rhino doesn't 'spear-ify' his twigs, but only the whirlies on his hanging toys. so the spears stay attached and can't be thrown at me! :rofl:

Well, I am frightened by the fact that every time I clean Trixie's cage, I find a couple buried in her bedding. Once I found one in her hidy house, and one in her hammock. Another time, even MORE scary..I found one on the floor about a foot from her cage. She is practicing her throwing!!!! :rofl:

Sprocket is an avid spear maker too! She has also figured out how to make daggers, and we'll find them all over her cage. Luckily, she hasn't figured out how to throw them.

The other day I was vacuming around Trixie's cage, and I felt something hit my foot (I was barefoot)..honest to God it was a spear. Of course she just sat there all wide eyed and innocent.

The other day I was vacuming around Trixie's cage, and I felt something hit my foot (I was barefoot)..honest to God it was a spear. Of course she just sat there all wide eyed and innocent.

:rofl::hilarious::laughitup:

"WHEN CHINCHILLAS ATTACK!"

Dear Miss Alcyone, we would like to switch places with our owner, yes we want to be free while Theresa is locked in our old parrot cage. Do you think the spears will be enough? What else should we do? Thanks, Jack, Victor, Joey, Sammy and Adam

lol I'm keepin those pics away from my chins. Ferdinand has taught chimney to make em now- I just hope he doesn't teach him how to throw, I found a spear one time about a foot from the cage in a jar that has a very small mouth- point down! I swear he's been doing target practice!

Those are funny pics though!

Speaking of spears... Lady managed to create a really sharp one and cut her paw on it. When I got out of the shower there were spots of blood ALL over her cage.

Today's her birthday and we're both spending it covered in blu kote. I get to sand shelves tonight... Oh joy.

Uh oh...sounds like chinnies are getting over enthusiastic with their spears! I found another stinker working on a spear, but she couldn't quite figure it out.:thumbsup:

Jack, Victor, Joey, Sammy and Adam,
Miss Alcyone says to utilize your best asset! Poo! Any chinnie can fling poo for great distances and they work like little missiles. I have been successful in hitting mom in the temple, back and face. Working on getting the eye, but she blinks fast and moves too much! The other thing you can do, if any of you are girls, is to spray urine. I haven't figured out how to do that yet, but I see Brimo and Carrie do it to her all the time. Carrie got her twice in the face yesterday!

Attachments

• Pocket stick.jpg
    Pocket stick.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 26
Oh no, not Miss Pocket?!?! I thought she was 'above' this world domination nonsense. ;-)

Of course she's not! Why do you think I have to post all these cute pictures of her? She's their poster girl to woo you with her adorable innocence so they can attack when we're least expecting it!

Back