Fleece

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done some shopping around and I've noticed that wholesale fleece fabric is hard to come by...or maybe I'm not looking in the right places. I know alot of people on here make their own fleece items. Where do you get your fleece?
Also, any tips or suggestions on specific types of fleece?
Thank you! :chin2:

i wait until joann's has a sale and get the anti pill or polar fleece.
also walmart has fleece at reasonalble prices.

I get the majority of my fleece from Hancock Fabrics. I'm lucky enough to get along with the manager at the one near me. If a fleece bolt sits on the shelf too long, they'll remnant it out at $2.99/yard and I normally get it. I go through all of fleeces each time I go in and check to see if any are near a yard and I'll get them to make them the price of a remnant. At other Hancock's.. I can't get them to do it, nor do I ever see remnants at them because they're uptight. Sometimes they have their solids on sale for $2.74/yd, now it's pretty much $3.99/yd if you catch it on sale. They have a much larger selection that JoAnns... IMO, just not online.

Joann sells fleece, but it is so much thinner than it used to be. Has anyone tried fleece from Hobby Lobby? Their fleece is 30% off right now.

I've heard great things about Hancock, but they have closed so many stores (no longer in Michigan).

wish there was a hobby lobby by me! we used to have rag shop but they closed, so other than online purchases my only options are joann's and walmart.
acmoore & michaels do not sell material in this area. :(

I shop all over the place.. We have a Hancock's and JoAnn's in my town. Hancock has more prints, but I feel like JoAnn's print quality is better. Unless you're getting the anti-pill then they're both equal.

Hancock's tends to have a better selection of remnants. Which would work good if you're just making things for yourself.

Other than that I buy online too. Ebay, the fleece lady, Sy Fabrics..

My favorite store though is a fabric warehouse that is by my fiance's town. I'm in heaven in there. It's 30,000 sq feet of fabric from floor to ceiling in a warehouse. And their fleece is priced really good.

I actually use fleece from Wal-Mart. I buy fleece that is typically $4.44/yard, and it is thick and doesn't pill up on me.

I usually wait intil JoAnns has a holiday sale like the upcoming Presidents day.
Most of the time they mark all the fleece 50% off. I get alot of the remnants and it is an additional 50% off of the mark down.

I got a big remnant from Hobby Lobby and it was thick and washed nicely.

Yeah, it seems like Joanns puts fleece on sale almost once a month recently..

Back