fleece dilemma

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sierra

Hey everyone! I was just wondering how you guys get your quilt batting shaped back to normal after drying your liners?

We stopped using batting... ;)
Unless it is cross section quilted every inch, to half an inch. The batting will separate from the edges, and ball up in a corner. Then you have the cut all the stitching and remove it. You can use quilted batting, but it is pretty pricey.
Most people here are using 2 layers of fleece sewn together. We have chins that stomp, and therefore we use 3 layers. Anything more than that, and you will need a commercial surging machine to keep it together. Or you could cut everything, and take it to a upholstery shop, patio furniture repair, Sail maker, etc...

Ro is going to play with this Husqvarna embroidery machine and see if we can make a 3D headstone for Bowie our vampire chin. Anyone have a Dongle???

Last edited:
I use two layers of fleece with a towel in the middle. It absorbs what I need it to without separating like batting does.

Well I have used a towel in between on two of my layers but I think it's hard for the sewing machine but I might try it again because that was the first time I have used a sewing machine since 8th grade. Any other ideas?

No way... You will probably break the needle before you break the machine.
As long as it does not bog down severely, and you use 110/18G needles or larger, you should be fine. Ro uses an old 1970's sewing machine most of the time, I have one of those cheapo Brother machines from Walmart.

I use the cheapest needles and the cheapest sewing machine walmart sells and it sews my liners just fine. :p I think mine is a cheapo Singer.

You can sew a towel in between fleece no problem. I don't use an extra durable needle, and it's just fine.

Ok. I will have to try that tomorrow then since we are going anywhere. Thanks

Latest posts

Back