Figurative Foster Parents at Chin Rescues

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tati121

I know several members on here run chin rescues and sometimes adopting out a certain chin isn't an option because of some health reasons and they become permanent fixtures at the rescue. I'm always looking for different organizations to donate to and I thought to myself, well what if I could foster a chin or two. At this point I'm more than content with the one little fur butt I have but I would also love to either donate monthly or even send little care packages for a prospective foster chin. Are there any rescues that do this already? I'm sure I'm not the only person that would be willing to do this as well!

For those of you who do run rescues, do you have a program like this in the works already and if not, would you consider something like this? I think it's a great idea! :thumbsup:

I'm not clear, but do you mean like one of those sponsor a child in a third world country deals?

You send money/supplies for the chin. I know our local HS has where you can "sponsor a dog".

I'm not clear, but do you mean like one of those sponsor a child in a third world country deals?

You send money/supplies for the chin. I know our local HS has where you can "sponsor a dog".

Yeah just like that! I do that as well and would love to be able to do it with a chin as well :)

That's very thoughtful of you to ask that question!! :cheer:

Thanks! :cute: Some of us get a wind fall here and there and I would love to spoil a rescue chinny the same way I spoil my own!

Forever Fiesty posts their pets on Petfinder.com and it looks like several other rescues and shelters up there do sponsorships as well. If the pet can be sponsored there's a little heart button on the listing that says "sponsor me". It may not be as interactive as FFC's program, but it's something.

That is a great idea Tati!

I think I might be interested in doing this too!

Latest posts

Back