Favorite brand of scale

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiffyskaar

Does anyone have a favorite brand of scale that they use to weigh their babes?
And where did you get it?

I haven't bought one yet but my chins arrive saturday. I don't even know exactly what kind of scale or where to get one would be?

Thanks!

I have a digital kitchen scale I ordered off of amazon. I just made sure it measured up to 500 g so that I could put some kind of container on it.

I agree, the digital one from walmart works great. You can find it in the kitchen section.

And a tip if you find that it's hard to contain your chins to weigh them, get one of those plastic reptile carriers from the pet store and put them in it. Then subtract the weight of just the carrier to get their weight.

I have the Mainstays one from Walmart and I love it. It weighs up to 10 lbs (in g, oz, and lbs).

Ditto :thumbsup: I put my smallest mixing bowl on it and the my kids sit right in the bowl to get weighed, works great!

I ordered this one from Amazon and really like it. I can stow it away anywhere and it's stainless and chew-resistant :) It goes up to 11lbs (5000+ grams) so I can use it for other stuff if I need to. I haven't used any others, though, so I can't really compare.

Latest posts

Back