exotic pet website

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgie_kid

Slave to 1 Prickly Pig
Alright, so I've been thinking about this a lot and I would really like to make a website that circulates around small, exotic pets. Once I get my website up and running, I would definitly want to add even more pets.

I am still figuring out the layout of my site and am still researching on various animals so it could take while for me to get it set up. For now though, it would help a bunch if you guys could post some pics that I could use for my site. Most of the pictures will be posted on the site the same way you post them but occasionally I may want to white out the background if that is OK with you. This is only a list of animals I would like to post about so don't feel like you need to take a picture of your pet just for this! Only if you happen to have a picture ready on your computer that would be great! For some animals I may just say the overall species and in that case, it would help if you could say which type of animal in specific. One last thing before I give you the list, if you have a good idea of an animal you think I should include, that would be great. So enough stalling. Here is the the list of animals I would like to give information on-
Snakes(all type)
Turtles(all type)
Frogs(all types)
Hedgehogs
Chinchillas
Mice(all types)
Rats(all types)
Prairie Dog
Ferret
Sugar Glide
Amazon Parrots
African Grey
Cockatiels
Cockatoos

Sorry if the list is too broad or I did not explain something clearly enough so feel free to ask any questions.:thankyou:

While I applaud your interest in doing this, but there's just so many pets to cover that it may become unrealistic to focus on ALL exotics. You might want to focus on exotic mammals, or exotic reptiles of "x" kind. I mean, what about geckos and salamandars, and newts, and bearded dragons, and monitors, and iguanas, and there's so many more out there.

You'd need an extreme amount of bandwith to host all the information, and most free sites don't offer that much space.

Just something to think about.

Ditto what Megan said. Plus, maybe it's better to focus on what you know, that you have already researched, that you can speak knowledgably about. Do you own all those pets and have hands on experience with them? I think it makes a big difference when you can post about at least some of your own experiences, rather than only spitting out what you have read somewhere.

Hahaha... I always knew peggy liked me better!

Thanks Ash and Tunes for the advice! You are definately right about there being so many exotic animals out there and while it would be fun to learn about them, it is practically imposible. I have had expiriences with most of these animals but I suppose I should at least get to know them more before I start posting info about them on the internet... But thanks for the thoughts and maybe I will start a site on something different!

Last edited:
puts glasses on

Oh yeah! That was Ash! I shoulda know since I could actually see you Ash. I usually have to look down for Megs. Mwhahahahaha!

Latest posts

Back