Ever had a day....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonflye

when you do stupid little things that only happen because you're not paying attention? Like burning your hand (not a serious burn, but still hurts) or putting another "ding" in your wood floor dropping something you shoulda' been hanging onto? Ugh...I need to pay attention...what a space... :duh:

When I am super stressed I have been know to lock the keys in the car, drive pass wherever I am supposed to turn and other stuff. Heehee

But what if some of us are too broke to pay attention!! haha

Or walk into a room and forget what you came in there for. . . :)

or spraying yourself in the face with polyacrylamide (nasty neurotoxic chemical) whilst looking to see what's blocked up the end of your syringe...

or nearly knocking yourself out with chloroform vapours cause you forgot to put the waterbath in the fume hood....

yup I done both these things in the lab during momentary lapses of attention and common sense.....dont worry though, I recovered nicely....(and the polyacrlaymide solution was only 6% thank god)

Last edited:
Many a day doesnt go by when I did something stupid. Like just this morning I opened the oven door and took out the HOT pan without oven mits, DUH

When I am super stressed I have been know to lock the keys in the car, drive pass wherever I am supposed to turn and other stuff. Heehee

When I pull out of the bottom of my road, I have to turn onto the main road, and usually make a quick right to go to the center of town. I never, ever remember to stay straight if I need to go downtown, so I have to make this huge loop around the city. I always feel a little "special" after that

LOL! All the time... most of the times I come in a room, I have to go back out... because I don't know why I came in.

Same with exits, one day I meant to turn off at exit 13. Missed that, I was like ok I'll take 14 and backtrack... missed that. I missed FOUR exits before I was paying enough attention to actually take one. And then I was so far out of the way, I just got back on the interstate going the opposite direction! *shakes head & laughs*

A thought from yesterday:
Why did I just walk into my bedroom? I know I got up to do something. What was it? OH YEAH! I'm going to make tea!

The tea kettle, tea bags, and mugs are all in the kitchen. Why my bedroom, I have no idea.

I remember when I was in highschool and worked at a pizza restaurant. A hot pan that just came out of the oven and landed on the floor. I was walking by, saw it fall, and thought I would be helpful and pick it up - without an oven glove. I totally seared my hand, dropped the pan, and continued walking to the back before I doubled over in pain. Talk about not paying attention!

Do I ever make these kind of stupid absent-minded mistakes now? You bet I do!

Back