Evacuation help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxchincerelyxo

PM for pet portraits <3
Due to the Jesuita Fire, I might be evacuated. I have cages and emergency kits set up, but I have two rescues with me right now that I've kept separate from my pets. If I have to leave and go to a hotel, I won't be able to keep them totally separate (but do have enough travel cages for all to be separate)-will this do any real damage? They have been separated for about two weeks right now, and the rescues have both had vet visits with no signs of any issues.

Just trying to get everything in order.

Thanks!

I would guess there is not much you can do but try to keep them as far away from eachother as possible in the hotel, and maybe make 2 separate car trips there? Try to keep the air ventilation going as much as possible, and hope for the best! Unless there is a friend or family member you trust to watch them?

Anyway, I hope things turn out ok, and that the fires end soon.

I was thinking about you the other day when I watched the video footage of the fires on the news.

I would still try to keep the chins as separate as possible... but after two weeks and a clean vet check, I wouldn't worry too much as just getting them to safety and away from the fires is much more important.

Good luck - I hope they can get those fires under control soon!

Quarantine would be the last of my worries if I had to evacuate. I would just be glad to get them (and yourself) somewhere safe.

I had the same thing happen a few years back. We had to evacuate due to a hurricane and had 3 in quarantine. We had no way to separate them and had to head out of the state.

Peggy is right you just have to get somewhere safe.

Be safe, and I hope everything works out alright.

I would guess there is not much you can do but try to keep them as far away from eachother as possible in the hotel, and maybe make 2 separate car trips there? Try to keep the air ventilation going as much as possible, and hope for the best! Unless there is a friend or family member you trust to watch them?

Anyway, I hope things turn out ok, and that the fires end soon.

I would not bother doing two car trips and such. This is an emergency situation, and the last thing you need to worry about right now is quarantining.

Just get yourself, and the chins somewhere safe when the time come.

That's great - a lot of people were worried for you!! That's gotta be scary!

Back