Earth Hour Pictures

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool. And kinda interesting to see. I found the Las Vegas image very interesting, since 2 of the buildings in the middle of the image didn't turn off their lights.

i wish i would have turned all our lights off in our house

I totally forgot about it!
My bf is a nuclear engineer and he is crazy about not spending energy needlessly. He said that it didn't significantly reduce the amount of energy used, but it's symbolic. It a message to people that global warming is a real and direct threat to people and their families (and the econonmy, the environment, etc.)!

We only kept one small lamp on in our house and everything else was off/unplugged! We needed at least a bit of light because a 1 year old in the dark wouldn't have worked out so well...LOL

We only kept one small lamp on in our house and everything else was off/unplugged! We needed at least a bit of light because a 1 year old in the dark wouldn't have worked out so well...LOL

lol! My 5 yr old sister had a fit last year when we did it. She kept asking if something was wrong, or if a storm was here. Poor girlie! It's nice sitting in the pitch dark with some candles lit once in awhile.. relaxing :)

lol! My 5 yr old sister had a fit last year when we did it. She kept asking if something was wrong, or if a storm was here. Poor girlie! It's nice sitting in the pitch dark with some candles lit once in awhile.. relaxing :)

That would be a perfect time to tell her that people take pictures from the sky of all the lights going out. And that we do it to encourage people to be nice to trees, the grass, animals, etc.!!

We did it! It was so much fun! Rob and I hid under the blankets and talked about all sorts of different things. It was like when we first started dating, before I moved in, when we would lay in bed and just talk.

Latest posts

Back