Do My Portraits Suck?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby88

Hey everyone!

I'm still very new here! Not quite sure if I put this in the right section, but I just wanted to have some opinions on my chinchilla portraits.

I hadn't drawn any chinchillas before, so these are my first attempts at drawing and coloring them. But I do a lot of other artwork every day and LOVE drawing animals (especially chinchillas since I will own two in a month).

What do you guys think? (not sure why they turn out blurry after I upload them but any critiques or comments are appreciated!!!)

Attachments

• chinchilladrawing2smaller.jpg
    chinchilladrawing2smaller.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 129
  • chinchillassmller.jpg
    chinchillassmller.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 127
  • chinchilladrawingsmaller2.jpg
    chinchilladrawingsmaller2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 127
Thank you very much!! My specialty is super "kawaii" or cute animals so I want to make some very adorable looking cartoon chins very soon. :)

Your drawings look awesome! You are very talented.

I think they look great! I especially love the 3rd one. Great job!!! No suckiness whatsoever!

I really like them overall, the eyes on the first one kind of creep me out though, lol. One the second I think the outline is way to dark and it's a stark contrast, I'd have went with a gray instead of the black.

My fav is the first one though overall.

I love how you've incorportated the roundness of the chinchilla, a lot of people make them look much more thin, which makes them look ratty to me. Overall they're I think they're very good. If I was looking for a chin portrait there is an excellent chance I'd buy one of yours, and I'm very selective about my chin art, lol.

they look very nice! i especially like the third one, because Rhino gives me that 'sorta sideways cursory glance' once in a while, lol.

I do like them as well. They are very good. I also think that the eyes on the chin in the first pic are just a little bit overdrawn, maybe that's not the right word but it's still very, very good. I also like the expression on the chin in your last drawing.

Thanks so much, you guys!! I feel a lot better now.

The eyes do look very weird in the first photo. For some reason the fur turned out blurry when I uploaded it and then the eyes stood out a lot more. I should fix that.

They look good! I personally like more realistic renditions of chinchillas, but every chin I have drawn looks like a mutant deformed mouse so any drawing that looks like a chin is good to me. :D

I think they're cute though the fact that you used かわいい to describe them made me twitch...

I think they're cute though the fact that you used かわいい to describe them made me twitch...

?? I didn't describe them as "kawaii". I said that I usually do "kawaii" style artwork and that those aren't my usual style. Not sure what made you twitch...

i think they are really good!i can tell you from experience that it's very hard to find good portraits of chinchillas that capture that cute look on their face that they get, you know the one that never fails to melt your heart even when your mad at them? and you did that perfectly:)

Latest posts

Back