Could Golden Pineapple be the perfect fruit?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
I'm sitting here looking out at a beautiful day and spending some time with my napping chins and eating some fresh golden pineapple. Wow I'm thinking, this is the perfect fruit! Not too sweet, not tart or sour, and SO refreshing! Thank goodness someone looked past the outside of the prickly pineapple to find the treasure inside! While I don't think it has an iron in it, it does have vitamin C which helps iron absorbtion into the body so I'm going to eat it as often as a I can while it's in season!

mmm! now you made me want some! im gunna have to go to the store and get some! hehe

I just came back from the store....now i want some too and don't have any :(

I absolutely love watermelon, but then again, I pretty much love all fruit and love the summer months when everything is in season. Local fruits are ideal, although the NW doesn't seem to grow pineapple! Isn't this time of year great?!

I think lemons are the perfect fruit peel them and eat them like an orange!

Mite make ur stomach feel a bit acidy tho

Oh, but lemons are terrible for your tooth. The acidity will eat the enamel right off your teeth! Coming from a former dental asst., just brush your teeth afterward!! :)

I LOVE pineapple, especially pineapple that has been freshly cut rather than opened up from a can. Its sooo much better!

mmmmmmmmm I love pineapple! Makes me want to go to Hawaii and go to the Dole Plantation! Mmm they have pineapple icecream too! Of course they have it at the MN state fair too, so I get it then.
I think pineapples are one of my favorite fruits besides strawberries.

I love pineapple! What other kind of fruit tastes great fresh, frozen, grilled, on pizza, in stir fry, on a sandwich, or out of a can? I love grilled pineapple rings with teriyaki chicken, swiss cheese, and lettuce on a lightly toasted bun with a little mayo, honey mustard, or guacamole....mmmm. When we go to the Mongolian restaurants (where you load up your plate and then they cook it for you) I always put a ton of pineapple on my plate.

I've been eating a lot of avocados, watermelon, strawberries, and bananas. I love this time of year. I can't wait until strawberries are in season here next month (been getting the ones from down south in the store but I love to go pick them myself). I'm hoping to make it to cherry picking this year too and then of course apple picking in the fall.

Yum, I saw a pineapple fruitista at taco bell maybe- it looked SO yummy!

I love almost all fruits and veggies. I wanted to share a story I will never forget from a home health client I used to have named Lucy, she is gone now but would have been about 85. She told me how her husband and her were headed south from Idaho to California logging camps looking for work. They met a guy who had left CA and was heading north and he had a bunch of fresh fruits and veggies which Lucy had bought or traded for. Well when Lucy and her husband set up camp that night and started cooking they were like rockstars because of all the fresh produce they had that was still out of season where they were.
For me this story is a good reminder of how lucky and blessed we are, even in the middle of this economic disaster we still have it pretty good compared to even just 65 years ago

lets all try to look past the outsides of the prickly pineapples and find the golden treasure inside :)

....and kiwifruits might be hairy, but they taste good heheheh

Back